Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I love Peregrin, Rohan, and Thorin. I'd never use them, but I love them. I'm just starting to really get into Tolkien's works, but I've been a fan of the movies since I was old enough to watch them. Part of the reason I love Sam so much is because of Sam Gamgee. My taste in names just isn't adventurous enough for Samwise.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Lots of my favorites. we've also added Finglas (one of the ancient ents) and Thorondor (king of the eagles) to our definitely list. I actually met a Thorondor once!
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Polaris Fae ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Khione Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I like Samwise, Strider, Peregrin especially with nn Pippin, and Legolas. I also adore Greenleaf as a gp (or a dream surname) Swoon.

Fili & Kili- I like Fili's name better, alas sadly, neither one is usable in the real world.
    Isildur- He's like the legendary cousin of Isidore. Awesome, but a flawed namesake.
    Smeagol- I might be the only one, but I kind of think this name is adorable.
    (I would never use it, but it's got a nice ring to it... hehe!)
    Thorin- A kick-butt name and character. This one is definitely substantial enough to be used.

I also think that Shadowfax and Glamdring would make the ultimate names for pets. =]
    Last edited by amydomsmom; March 16th, 2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: remove a few details =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Roland
    Elena : Felicity : Julia

You're not alone. I think Smeagol sounds adorable too but should stay in the bet category. I know someone named Torin (so it's close there).

Glamdring the Foe Hammer...I shall name my next cat this. Orcrest the Goblin Cleaver as well.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

i find almost all of the Elven names usable. Rohan and Rohirrim (the latter as mn) have been on my list forever. Elendil is great. i love Eowyn but the character is a bit sad so i wouldn't use it on a person.

so far i have met a real life Frodo, Gandalf and Arwen. i was surprised to see how well Arwen worked for a person! i wouldn't have expected so. in the same way, Aragorn could work for a real person, although my first inclination is to stay away from it since it's such a well-known Tolkien name.

i named two cats of mine Tinúviel and Feanor. i recommend the Silmarillion for even more name inspiration!
    that said.. Silmaril?

the dwarves have some great names too if you're into Nordic-sounding names.