Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Samwise and other Tolkien names

This is just me musing because I can't use it (I'm already using Frode, the name Frodo was based on) but I do find it lovely. It's got the common Sam, wise is always a good quality, and Sam was really the hero of the story, if quietly. I really love it ^_^

Other than that, I find these all usable and I love them:

Aragorn -- though I realize this is super connected to LOTR
    Bard -- this is GP word name for me too
    Celeborn
    Cirion
    Eldarion
    Madoc
    Meriadoc*
    Pelendur
    Peregrin (Pippin) -- This is absolutely usable!
    Rohan -- Place name, very cool.
    Thorin -- also very usable
    Theoden
    Tilion

My GP on the list -- Shadowfax. This would be an awesome middle name. Also, Shire, just cause I like the sound and the images it gives me in my head.

Feel free to add. ^_^
    Last edited by dantea; September 12th, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

All great names. Shadowfax would make an amazing middle. Theoden and Aragorn are both wonderful. Samwise though... swoon! So cute.

My favourites:
    Beren
    Eärendil
    Ecthelion
    Elendil
    Elessar
    Éomer
    Faramir
    Haldir (more because of the movie though, because... swoon)
    Legolas
    Strider
    Theodred
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I almost put Theodred on my list, then went "Eh, I only need one Theo- name." I do think it's cool and usable. Eomer, Faramir, and Strider too. People use Walker and Ryder so why not Strider?

I added Rohan to my list and Shire to my GP section.

Maybe I can get my husband to use Samwise instead of Frode? Damien Quillon Samwise Thomas >.> I've already convinced him on Voltaire so if I try hard enough...
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I find Faramir so dashing, and a great namesake. Samwise is such a sweet name, but still a GP for me.
    Currently crushing on:

Russell. Calloway. Brighton.

Evadne. Cecelia. Thomasina.

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    I almost put Theodred on my list, then went "Eh, I only need one Theo- name." I do think it's cool and usable. Eomer, Faramir, and Strider too. People use Walker and Ryder so why not Strider?

I added Rohan to my list and Shire to my GP section.

Maybe I can get my husband to use Samwise instead of Frode? Damien Quillon Samwise Thomas >.> I've already convinced him on Voltaire so if I try hard enough...
    You convinced him on Voltaire?????? Whoa, I might need you to talk to my husband!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]