Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What was Teething like for you ?

At what age did your little one start teething, how long after did they get their first tooth & what was it all like?

My daughter is almost 4.5 months now, last night she was trying to sleep & cried most the night she couldnt get comfortable. Before this she started clamping down alot during breastfeeding & you cant get her hands out of the side of her mouth but I cant feel any teeth coming anytime soon. Im thinking that might be teething related but I havr no idea what it should be like!

Teething was not fun! I guess she started somewhat early at around 4 months. She didn't get very drooly or suck her thumb, but she would bite at my knuckle. She had trouble sleeping & would cry & indicate towards her mouth. She luckily got teeth in pairs the whole way through. She would have some relief between sets coming in but every time she would have trouble sleeping, she has experienced loose stool & some fever which I attribute to the teething despite reports that this doesn't happen as a symptom! The fang teeth, eye teeth & back teeth were especially difficult but she was able to let me know what the trouble was at that point at least! Good luck. Teething is such a process! Mine still has more to go. I think the nursing is good for them during.

Do you remember of it was long after she started that she got her first tooth? That's good to know though, even though every kid is different. . The only thing my mom remembered was my brother would get sick every time.

Azula got about 4 teeth at once! Slowly over the course of about 3 months, starting when she was around half a year. I just remember she was a bit feverish, she wanted to chew on my fingers, and she had loose stools (my mom said that's because they salivate so much). We had a really rough period there with her at nights around that time - she would howl when we put her down, and she would wake up a couple times a night to nurse. That was probably associated with teething too. She's teething again now and she has been biting me and wanting to nurse a LOT.

When they start teething it usually takes a while before you can feel or see any change to the gums. I would say at the very least a week or two.
    New username is @ truenature

4 at once! At least you didnt have it prolonged on her. Good to know about it taking awhile to notice the teeth. I guess im excitmented for the first tooth but more so want to assume I know why shes in pain. & the nursing thing I guess makes sense, last night when she couldnt sleep she wanted to nurse but now this morning shes being a little fussy about it.. im glad itll get easier when they can tell us!