Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    My daughter's first teeth & her eye teeth both were a long process. It would almost pause...like she would be acting teethy and stop a few days & start back up! For those the process was maybe a month long? It's so hard to remember. I remember being shocked how long it took and how they could move and hurt but stop for a bit & not seem to bother her than start up again!

Hmm that does seem odd but at least its not constantly painful for them I guess.

Both my girls would show symptoms, fussy, shoving fists in mouth, clamping when nursing and then stop for a week or so and start up again...This would last seemingly forever!! Then it would start with diarrhea, some mild rashes (chin or diaper area) and very low grade fevers and the teeth would break. I swear some of these teeth took months! Especially with DD #1. But the standard comfort measures do help, luckily!

My son got his first tooth at six months. He is now almost two and has almost all his teeth- I think he is just missing a couple of molars. But when he was four months, he went through what you are describing and we thought he was teething- but no teeth came for another two months. Someone told me that babies develop additional salivary glands around four months and this can look like teething? I don't know.

But they can definitely get teeth this early. Babies can be born with teeth even, isn't that crazy?

The first tooth was a big deal. It seemed to hurt a lot. We gave him those bumpy rings that you put in the freezer. That helped. And we gave him some tylenol and used orajel. After the first tooth, he didn't make a fuss about the rest of them coming in. The same thing happened with molars. He got the first one around eighteen months and it was awful. Then the rest came in and he didn't seem to notice. I mean, he will chew on stuff more when he has teeth coming in and puts his fingers in his mouth a lot. But he didn't run a fever or cry more or have trouble sleeping after the first.

I don't really know what to make of that, honestly. I thought it was weird, but I was glad that teething didn't seem to bug him anymore. Anyhow, I don't know how common this is- maybe your daughter will be the same! I hope it doesn't bother her and that it is over quickly.

Vitamom3 it does seem like forever, any little thing contributing to her mouth that seemed excessive I thought was teething for the last 2 months (even tho I didnt think she'd have them tht early).

Tarnkay that does help, at least if it gets worsr ill have hope that it will be bettet from the first tooth out. Hopfully she gets her early like that too! I read some babies teeth early on& then dont get them til ayear old! I feel like Iim constantly learning with her aha