Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How do you pronounce the name Helena?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heh-len-uh

38 57.58%
  • Heh-layn-uh

25 37.88%
  • Heh-leen-uh

4 6.06%
  • Other

3 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I adore the name Helen-uh so I say it that way...but really I wait to hear someone else say it because I know there's a few options. My friend's have a little Helena that I have yet to meet in person, but I see all over Facebook...no idea which pronunciation they use! My name has 2 pronunciations and I rarely correct people and neither pronunciation bothers me...I feel that the one my family uses is more "me", but I have had jobs where I get called by the other more "formal" feeling pronunciation and it all works for me.

I pronounce it however I'm told to pronounce it because there are at least three legitimate possibilities where I live. If I were to use it on my child, I would probably spell it Helina to make the desired "he-LEE-na" pronunciation more obvious. (And by "the desired" I only mean that it is my personal favorite)
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

I pronounce it Helen-uh.
    Harlan ✦ Lorcan ✦ Soren

Clea ✦ Edie ✦ Eulalie ✦ Everly ✦ Fallon ✦ Indira ✦ Leonie ✦ Maia ✦ Maren ✦ Marina ✦ Paloma ✦ Sylvie ✦ Xanthe

Boy combosGirl combos

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

I used to say heh-LAY-nuh prob because i know more Elena's than Helen's, so I instinctively added the H to Elena rather than the a to Helen. But now I say HEH-leh-nuh in my head because I think it's prettier that way.

My Aunt's middle name is Helena. She pronounces it Hay-Lee-Na. But I think anyway you pronounce it, Helena is truly beautiful and elegant
    ~ Cadmus Orion James / Rupert Oliver Finn / Draco Perseus Liam / Leo Maxim Thomas ~
    ~ Lily-Rose Athena / Astria Icesis Jade / Lux Priscilla Ivy ~