Names Searched Right Now:

Thoughts on Xanthos...

Berries what are your thoughts on name Xanthos? Nickname Xan.

Further, WDYT of using an obviously Greek name when your family is not Greek and your first son also has a Greek name (though not so obvious)...?

TIA

I like it. I think it's neat and has the familiar Xan nickname. I think you could even stretch to Xander.

I think so many people do it (use cultural names not from their culture( now that you don't have to worry about most people thinking it's weird. Personally, I think it's weird to use a name obviously from another culture (like really obvious like Xanthos) when you aren't from that culture or don't have some sort of strong ties to that culture.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Honestly, it sounds like a breath mint.

It's ok. It's not a name I choose but it's not offensive or horrible. I love the nn Xan.
    I'm not sure about the whole names from other country's. it's been done for centuries and doesn't bother me as such, but I would think it was a little odd if you had a strong Greek theme with all your children but no personal (family, spiritual or even strong passion for) connection with Greece.
    Last edited by tuitree; September 12th, 2013 at 08:19 PM.

I'm really sorry, but it sounds like a prescription drug to me. :-(
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.