Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm Russian and all English teachers here teach us to pronounce the "er" endings as "ah". But I pronounce the "er" like "er" myself.
    Emma | Callie | Elsie | Sophie | Holly | Elodie | Catherine | Hallie | Gwendolyn | Isla | Freya | Juliette |
    Julian | James | Oliver | Alexander | Edward | Owen | Everett |
    ~Valeria - Russian name lover

I've seen names ending in -ER being spelled with an -A on Australian lists, I think. Like Tayla instead of Taylor (even though Tayla is used in North America, too, but is distinct from Taylor, and is considerably less common).
    Lucia
    Ariadne, Eleanora, Minerva, Orchid, Sela
    Caius, Everett, Luther, Marius, Mordecai

@lucia both Taylah and Tayla are pretty common here. I have also seen Rydah and Jaggah (girl)
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

What? Don't you know what Australian accents, British accents and American accents sound like? Australians and Brits say Ry-dah and Americans say Ry-der. We don't pronounce our Rs and Americans do.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; September 14th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
    First baby due on April 10, 2015

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

In my area of the USA (most of the USA) they say -er. However I am not that far fah from Boston. In Boston they do really weird things to Rs. You may or may not have heard the expression was "Pahk the Cah in Hahvahd yahd" (Park the car in Harvard Yard." Not everyone in Boston does this but the ones who do say Er as a. On survivor Boston Rob called his finance "Amba" and her name was Amber. America is a diverse place, different accents prevail in different cities and regions (although even in the same region, accents vary.)