Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 5 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Room 94
    Posts
    4,420

    Fine Line Between Adorable and Weird

    I often study the England + Wales top 1000 lists to compile lists of my favourites, and I have come across some very odd names LOL. I like some, but I'm not sure if they're adorable or weird? What do you think? BTW these are ALL girls names.

    Beau - #169
    Frankie - #173
    Zuzanna - #185
    Skyla - #198
    Georgie - #202
    Esmae - #274
    Jorgie - #281
    Alicja - #292
    Sapphire - #362
    Tulisa - #375
    Tayla - #390
    Lilah - #397
    Ameera - #423
    Myah - #440
    Jorja - #443
    Kacie - #465
    Princess - #465
    Saffron - #468
    Alba - #483
    Frances - #493
    Blossom - #503
    Coco - #514
    Harley - #519
    Precious - #536
    Arissa - #614
    Ocean - #635
    Chanel - #639
    Harlow - #647
    Stevie - #663
    Indiana - #679
    Dolcie - #731
    Meadow - #738
    Emmanuella - #779 (Actual spelling)
    Mylee - #789
    Shayla - #789
    Aleesha - #801
    Wren - #812
    Mariyah - #844
    Remi - #902
    Romy - #902
    Emeli - #916 (after Emeli Sande)
    Mazie - #934
    Peggy - #934
    Divine - #975
    Maariyah - #998
    Ronnie - #998

    the numbers beside them are their rankings in 2012.

    Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice


    Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam


    when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

  2. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,846
    I have a friend name Mariyah and I think that is the muslim version of Mary (I may be wrong but it is something along those lines)...
    I also know an Ameera of Indian descent
    Beau as a girl name?
    Esmée (original female spelling) is in the 200s in popularity so it makes sense the english spelling of Esmae would be there. Esmée is a really popular name in other parts of Europe.

    Seeing Princess on the list makes me more empathetic to the British supermodel Jordan naming her daughter Princess... I still think many bad things about this name, but at least it is a common name in her country. I think Precious is along the same lines as Princess for me.
    Blossom also deserves honorable mention as I do still think of the Powerpuff Girl.

    I've also met an Ocean before
    Last edited by giinkies; April 10th, 2014 at 01:56 AM.

  3. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Room 94
    Posts
    4,420
    Quote Originally Posted by giinkies View Post
    I have a friend name Mariyah and I think that is the muslim version of Mary (I may be wrong but it is something along those lines)...
    I also know an Ameera of Indian descent
    Beau as a girl name?
    Esmée (original female spelling) is in the 200s in popularity so it makes sense the english spelling of Esmae would be there. Esmée is a really popular name in other parts of Europe.

    Seeing Princess on the list makes me more empathetic to the British supermodel Jordan naming her daughter Princess... I still think many bad things about this name, but at least it is a common name in her country. I think Precious is along the same lines as Princess for me.
    Blossom also deserves honorable mention as I do still think of the Powerpuff Girl.

    I've also met an Ocean before
    Beau is actually more common for girls than boys there! I actually want to give the members of the Pink Beau team a lesson in French so they realise they're naming their daughter a man's name, and the name they're searching for is Belle. I'm torn on Blossom, I want to love it, but can't. Oceana or Oceane or Oceania I like, Ocean I don't. It's also so hard to tell if they're kreeativ spellings or actual cultural ones tbh!

    Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice


    Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam


    when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

  4. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    Beau is actually more common for girls than boys there! I actually want to give the members of the Pink Beau team a lesson in French so they realise they're naming their daughter a man's name, and the name they're searching for is Belle. I'm torn on Blossom, I want to love it, but can't. Oceana or Oceane or Oceania I like, Ocean I don't. It's also so hard to tell if they're kreeativ spellings or actual cultural ones tbh!
    I hear you on that one... I love the name Beau but for a boy. I totally agree that they are looking for Belle.

    I googled Mariyah and it is the name of the concubine of a muslim prophet.

    Divine doesn't bother me that much as it reminds me of Destiny which is a fairly common enough name (Destiny is even Miley Cyrus' birth name).

    Blossom I really could support as a middle name. I heard some weird names growing up (like Qu'3zi@h... a creative spelling of Kezia) and honestly what mattered to me more is how well the person wore the name. I think Blossom is miles ahead of Princess and Precious, it at least relates to a flower. They also apparently had a sitcom in the 90s where the title character was names Blossom. Everyone has that one name they love but are not sure if it would play off on a real child.
    Last edited by giinkies; April 12th, 2014 at 01:03 AM.

  5. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Room 94
    Posts
    4,420
    Quote Originally Posted by giinkies View Post
    I hear you on that one... I love the name Beau but for a boy. I totally agree that they are looking for Belle.

    I googled Mariyah and it is the name of the concubine of a muslim prophet.

    Divine doesn't bother me that much as it reminds me of Destiny which is a fairly common enough name (Destiny is even Miley Cyrus' birth name).

    Blossom I really could support as a middle name. I heard some weird names growing up (like Qu'eziah... a creative spelling of Kezia) and honestly what mattered to me more is how well the person wore the name. I think Blossom is miles ahead of Princess and Precious, it at least relates to a flower. They also apparently had a sitcom in the 90s where the title character was names Blossom. Everyone has that one name they love but are not sure if it would play off on a real child.
    Divine I think I'm slightly ok with because I know a Daveena (although I don't like her...). I sadly can't use Beau, as my cousin took it about 23 years ago for her son, and....long story short, he's not someone you'd want your son sharing a name with. Blossom is like Snowdrop or Bluebell for me. Not an excellent first name choice, but a gorgeous, cute, and wonderful nickname!

    Precious and Princess though....entirely different story. To me, that'd be like naming your child Tripp or Fall. (Yes, I know a girl who was named Autumn, then somewhere her name became legally changed to Fall)

    Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice


    Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam


    when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •