Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by patey3 View Post
    I actually like Beau for a boy and love Bo for a girl. Kinda a guilty pleasure name for me!
    I like Georgie, Lilah, Coco (GP), Harley, Harlow, Indiana, Remi, Romy
    Bo is fine for a girl, could easily be a short form, but the masculine French name, I have to say I draw the line at that one! To be honest, I don't know how I feel with a lot of these, but the Jorgie, Jorja and Maariyah spellings...what on earth, it took me days to realise Maariyah is a creative Maria/Mariah spelling.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    Beau - #169--ok if short for Isabeau
    Frankie - #173--nn for Francesca?
    Zuzanna - #185--E. European spelling...ok
    Skyla - #198--common
    Georgie - #202--cute for a tomboy
    Esmae - #274--weird to me, but others on here seem to like it
    Jorgie - #281--weird/confusing spelling...Spanish H sound??
    Alicja - #292--misspelled Alicia
    Sapphire - #362--pretty
    Tulisa - #375--lovely
    Tayla - #390--I knew a Tiela
    Lilah - #397--common
    Ameera - #423--pretty
    Myah - #440--yewnique spelling
    Jorja - #443--Georgia??
    Kacie - #465--my cousin
    Princess - #465--common, but weird
    Saffron - #468--lovely
    Alba - #483--lovely
    Frances - #493--vintage
    Blossom - #503--quirky
    Coco - #514--French quirky
    Harley - #519--weird on a girl, but not too uncommon
    Precious - #536--common in urban areas
    Arissa - #614--lovely
    Ocean - #635--intriguing--
    Chanel - #639--sad
    Harlow - #647--after the actress
    Stevie - #663--Stephanie? Etienette?
    Indiana - #679--movie fan
    Dolcie - #731--weird
    Meadow - #738--reminds me of cows
    Emmanuella - #779 (Actual spelling)--lovely, vintage Latin name
    Mylee - #789--eh
    Shayla - #789--common, dated
    Aleesha - #801--Alisha
    Wren - #812--lovely
    Mariyah - #844--Maria or Mariah??
    Remi - #902--cute
    Romy - #902--from a movie title
    Emeli - #916 (after Emeli Sande)
    Mazie - #934--childish
    Peggy - #934--dog name
    Divine - #975--pretentious
    Maariyah - #998--yewnique
    Ronnie - #998--nn for Veronica
    These are all listed as their own name, for the most part, the full name/original name ranked significantly higher. As for misspellings and pronunciations;

I believe Mariyah can be either Maria or Mariah.
    Jorja/Jorgie - Georgia/Georgie (no H's, just parent's being kreeativ)
    Alicja - there are countless variations of Alisha/Alicia in the UK top 1000, I'd need a new post just to name them all!

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    Beau is actually more common for girls than boys there! I actually want to give the members of the Pink Beau team a lesson in French so they realise they're naming their daughter a man's name, and the name they're searching for is Belle. I'm torn on Blossom, I want to love it, but can't. Oceana or Oceane or Oceania I like, Ocean I don't. It's also so hard to tell if they're kreeativ spellings or actual cultural ones tbh!
    I hear you on that one... I love the name Beau but for a boy. I totally agree that they are looking for Belle.

I googled Mariyah and it is the name of the concubine of a muslim prophet.

Divine doesn't bother me that much as it reminds me of Destiny which is a fairly common enough name (Destiny is even Miley Cyrus' birth name).

Blossom I really could support as a middle name. I heard some weird names growing up (like Qu'3zi@h... a creative spelling of Kezia) and honestly what mattered to me more is how well the person wore the name. I think Blossom is miles ahead of Princess and Precious, it at least relates to a flower. They also apparently had a sitcom in the 90s where the title character was names Blossom. Everyone has that one name they love but are not sure if it would play off on a real child.
    Last edited by giinkies; April 12th, 2014 at 01:03 AM.

I love Arissa

Quote Originally Posted by giinkies View Post
    I hear you on that one... I love the name Beau but for a boy. I totally agree that they are looking for Belle.

I googled Mariyah and it is the name of the concubine of a muslim prophet.

Divine doesn't bother me that much as it reminds me of Destiny which is a fairly common enough name (Destiny is even Miley Cyrus' birth name).

Blossom I really could support as a middle name. I heard some weird names growing up (like Qu'eziah... a creative spelling of Kezia) and honestly what mattered to me more is how well the person wore the name. I think Blossom is miles ahead of Princess and Precious, it at least relates to a flower. They also apparently had a sitcom in the 90s where the title character was names Blossom. Everyone has that one name they love but are not sure if it would play off on a real child.
    Divine I think I'm slightly ok with because I know a Daveena (although I don't like her...). I sadly can't use Beau, as my cousin took it about 23 years ago for her son, and....long story short, he's not someone you'd want your son sharing a name with. Blossom is like Snowdrop or Bluebell for me. Not an excellent first name choice, but a gorgeous, cute, and wonderful nickname!

Precious and Princess though....entirely different story. To me, that'd be like naming your child Tripp or Fall. (Yes, I know a girl who was named Autumn, then somewhere her name became legally changed to Fall)