Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Penny Reese is having a sister, help!

So my 16 month old is super enthusiastic about life, energetic and certainly extroverted. In five weeks we're having another girl and she is still without a name! We like the familiar classics, but a little bit lower on the radar, and with solid meanings. Penny was a family name and Reese was just a sweet middle name that fit. Some of my faves at the moment I keep coming back to include:

Adele
    Beatrice or Beatrix
    Bridget
    Rita
    Ruth

**Adele Ruth is looking pretty good right now

Any additional suggestions or insight is much appreciated! Thank you

I like Rita the most with Penny as they are both diminutives (of Margaret and Penelope respectively) and they feel complimentary. Adele works in this sense too as it is a diminutive of Adelaide. I like your other names too but they don't sound so good with Penny. From your list I like
    Rita Briget and Adele Ruth... Both those middles have quite a different feel to Reese though... Which is more modern and unisex.

I'm a big fan of the name Bridget. You don't hear it that often and the one Bridget I know is super adorable! Another name you never hear but I thought of it when I heard Bridget, is the name Bryna, which I also find just as cute.

Adele is a very pretty name as well.

You really can't go wrong with your name choices. You picked very nice names.

Congratulations and welcome to Nameberry! Oh my goodness, Penny Reese is *so* precious! What a great name! I am in love with it. Okay, so, from your list, I feel like Beatrice or Beatrix go best with it. I get similar vibes from Penny and Beatrice/Beatrix. So vintage and storybook-like! Some other ideas that seem to fit your style and description:

Stella
    Kit
    Mira
    Lila
    Martha

Good luck!

I like all of your names in varying degrees so I'll just rate them by how they "fit" with Penny Reese for a sister.

1 Rita - a nickname as a full name like Penny. Have you considered Anita?
    2 Ruth - has a vintage charm
    3 Bridget - Penny and Bridie would be lovely together
    4 Adele - lovely name but one of the highest rising names in popularity due to the singer
    5 Beatrix - Bea or Trixie would be cute. I hesitate to use a longer name with the diminuitive Penny.

Other Suggestions

Claire/Clara
    Grace
    Jane
    Lucy
    Hattie
    Lena
    Sophie
    Phoebe
    Lila
    Cora
    Eve/Eva