Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    I'm the kind of person whose name gets mispronounced constantly. Celia/Zelia are far from common names in Denmark and for some reason they really mess with people's minds (I have a theory that the Z makes it even more confusing, because come on now, it's really not that hard). In Danish, my name is pronounced SEH-lee-uh and the most common mistake is people thinking that my name is misspelled and proceed to call me Xenia (which is pronounced SEH-nee-uh in Danish, so not that weird). I've also been called Zelda, Senja, Celina (awkward, that's my sister's name), Elina, Ella, Zeela/Sila (I don't even know how to spell this one), Ofelia etc. I've also had someone call me Sulajma ... why? I don't know why.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Oh lord, this brings back memories. My name is Sarah, pronounced well like Sarah. I had a professor once ARGUE will me that it is pronounced "s-ARE-uh" because of the "h" on the end and refused to call me s-AIR-uh.

Juniper has been called Jupiter and Jennifer MANY times. One person even insisted on repeatedly pronouncing it Junifer.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

My name is Lauren. I guess because of the way I say it- I don't really stress the N- people often mishear it as Laura. I haven't gotten that many mispronunciations, it's more like people forget what my name is! I've gotten Laura a lot, and Lorna once. Fine if they've only met me a few times, everyone forgets. I wasn't too happy when a teacher I'd known for more than a year called me Laura.

And once my family had dinner with my dad's friend and like five minutes after my dad introduced us, he called me Laureen. (lore-een) I corrected him, then a bit later he called me Lorraine. Corrected him again, then he called me Lawrence. Um, last time I checked that's a boy's name. I gave up trying to correct him since I wouldn't have to see him again.

I had a friend misspell it as Lauran for, like, two years before she finally remembered. I've also gotten Lauryn. Again, fine if you don't know me well, but if you've known me for two years? Seriously?!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

And I've tried the Starbucks test on my favourite name, Azalea, several times... No one can ever get it right. Once I spelled it out for the barista and STILL got Azala. It's also been spelled Azlai. Sometimes they don't even try and just call out what I ordered. I love Azalea too much for that to stop me from wanting to name a future child that, but I seriously don't understand how someone can get it wrong if I spell it out for them.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    And I've tried the Starbucks test on my favourite name, Azalea, several times... No one can ever get it right. Once I spelled it out for the barista and STILL got Azala. It's also been spelled Azlai. Sometimes they don't even try and just call out what I ordered. I love Azalea too much for that to stop me from wanting to name a future child that, but I seriously don't understand how someone can get it wrong if I spell it out for them.
    Wow, it's a name of a flower that is quite common (the flower) in a lot of areas. People are just dimbos sometimes. I Starbucks tested both of my kids names and Juniper mostly was said correctly (they are common in parts of Arizona so anyone who doesn't live in cave is somewhat familiar), but poor Pyrus. The worst was Papyrus and Papaya which I actually thought was funny.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[