Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I'm Kaleigh (kay-lee). I get Kelly, Callie, Kaitlyn, Keely, Kiley, Kinley, and so on and so forth.

Surprisingly, I've never gotten Kah-Lee (like a border collie), which I find interesting as it's spelled just like Raleigh, NC (or Sir Walter, if you prefer).
    Wilde West

Not yet a mother; always a name nerd.

Potential West Babes: Alexander Mansfield | Samuel Forrester | Harrison Everest | William Ashcroft | Christopher Atlas
    | Lorelei Elise| Artemis Elm | Wilhelmina Briar|

Guilty Pleasures: Adlai | Eos | Rowen | Oriana | Anoa | Seraphina | Bryony | Dahlia

My name is Lakin (LAY-kin or LAKE-in) and I get called by the wrong name a lot! I tend to get Lincoln, and Lackin. My name gets mispelled a lot too, some being Laken, Lakyn, Laiken! Even if my name is rare it is fairly simple to remember and say but yet it still get butched.

I know a girl named Gina who pronounces her name like Jenna, lol.

I am Ana (prn Awn-uh), and of course I get the Anna pronunciation all the time, but I've had people call me Ay-nuh (as in the letter A + nuh) on more than one occasion. Much more attrociously, I've had my full name read at the doctors office, and my middle name, Lucille, was pronounced LUH-sull. I thought it was common knowledge that Lucille is said Loo-SEAL (or something similar).
    Last edited by analucille; October 8th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Mom to 5

Quote Originally Posted by analucille View Post
    I know a girl named Gina who pronounces her name like Jenna, lol.

I am Ana (prn Awn-uh), and of course I get the Anna pronunciation all the time, but I've had people call me Ay-nuh (as in the letter A + nuh) on more than one occasion. Much more attrociously, I've had my full name read at the doctors office, and my middle name, Lucille, was pronounced LUH-sull. I thought it was common knowledge that Lucille is said Loo-SEAL (or something similar).
    I work with an Ana. Pretty much everyone calls her Anna but on the rare occasion someone does call her by Ana (ah-nah), she is just like "Oh my gosh! You got my name right!" haha.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

my name is annakate and everyone shortens it to anna straight away, which i hate.