Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I'm back! My daughter, Persephone, so far about half they people I've met with her (and they're all over 50 who do this) look at me weird and go "Perstephanie?" And I give them this face -_- and say "No, that's not a name. Persephone, it rhymes with Stephanie. It's like Stephanie without the T"
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I'm a Mary. Not a lot you can do to that. But I am emphatically NOT Mary Ann..I am Mary AnnA, and it annoys the flakes off me to hear people call me Mary Ann, when they can see the "A" at the end. Seriously, world...it's about as basic and simple as it can get!

I'm a Sophie, and I've got Sophia a few times - um, no, that's not my name. E not an A on the end. I've also had Chloe and Zoe before, and someone that thought I said Stephy when I was registering for something - so they wrote Stephanie on the form.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

You'd be amazed how often this happens:

"Quinn, right?" "Nope. It's Gwen." "Gwin?" "No, Gwen."

And while my name does sound like "Gwin" in a Southern accent, I don't have anything resembling a Southern accent and I always hit the E. I've also had people mistake my name (on paper) for "Given." Nope, I'm actually not a 17th century Puritan.

And then there's my last name. Irish O' names often have a hard time of it. I never know whether they want the apostrophe or not on forms, and people always forget to capitalize the second letter. At least 3 of the colleges I applied to told me they were missing my records and I hadn't applied--when in fact I had, but they had different parts of my application filed under O' and O. It's a pain.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

My name is Faith and sometimes when I introduce myself to little kids they think that my name is Fake. Also, my grandpa has a Danish accent and he calls me Fate.