Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post
    And the spellings can be truly atrocious. I've had Jemma millions of times, but also Jemimah, Gemima, Jemymah... it's horrible!
    I've taken to introducing myself as 'Jemima, like the puddle duck'; or 'Jemima, like the doll on PlaySchool' and then people get it right 95% of the time, which is nice!
    I really like the name Jemima, but I've seen some terrible misspellings of the name. The worst were Germima and Jermima -- there's no R in there, people!

Seems like we have a mispronunciation epidemic!

My absolute biggest pet peeve is when you clearly say a name to someone and they come back with something just so wrong.

I introduced my friend Elon (ee-lun) to someone the other day and they reply with "Helen?"
    It just baffles me.

My sister Alice was called Alyssa and Alison her entire childhood. I'm not sure how much it bothered her, but it sure bugged me.
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

My name's Leah, and everyone pronounces it wrong! My P.E. teacher calls me Leia even though this is my third year in his class! It's so annoying. I'm constantly saying "No, it's Lee-yah. Not Lei-ah." I hate it! The weirdest I've gotten is Lie-ah. From a girl named Mia who's name rhymes with mine! Also, my middle name is Christine and people are constantly saying Christina.
    leah. name loves change every day.

arabella-amalia-cecelia-delaney-estella-evelyn-harlow-jocelyn-jordan-josephine-lelia-lucinda-mackenzie-mariana-mavis-melanie-natalie-ruby-scarlett-sophie-taylor

bradley-cal-dawson-elliot-grayson-jameson-jordan-jude-liam-mateo-matthew-tristan-zacharias-zachary

My name is Shilo. Most of the time when people say it wrong, they said She-low or Shill-o
    - Favorites -
    Calla . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Rainbow Baby BOY Due June 2, 2015 -