Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysben View Post
    So today I got a call from my vet telling me my dog "Gina" as in Gee-nuh was ready for her annual wellness exam.

Thing is, my dog's name is Jenna.(She's a white German shepherd and Jenna means "white; fair; smooth" thought I was pretty clever lol)

I know they have it spelled right in the system. How on earth do you get Gina out of Jenna? I live in the southern US so accent has nothing to do with it!

What's the weirdest way someone has pronounced your name?
    My name IS Gina and I get Jenna ALL THE TIME. I actually had a class with a Jenna and we had a long term substitute that always called her Gina and me Jenna. Not as a confusion thing, because our names were really far apart on the list and we sat far away from each other too. I never understood it.
    ~gigi~
    *gina danielle*

Also, I've been called Regina, Christina, and Virginia. Also Tina, but that was typically over the phone, and I get it.
    ~gigi~
    *gina danielle*

In sixth grade, there were two other girls in my class who looked like me, named Courtney and Erica. The teachers got us mixed up ALL YEAR and I found myself accidentally writing Erica on my papers instead of my own name!

The worst mispronunciation I have ever got for my name (which is Catalina) was from a school librarian, who said always Kit-ee-vee-nuh. It wasn't even an accent issue, either. And she wasn't doing it on purpose to annoy me!
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Carly, Ceil, Ceslia... Carly doesn't even make sense.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I actually have the strange experience of never having anyone pronounce my name wrong. Ever! Seriously. I don't know if it's possible, lol.

I don't remember it ever being mistaken for another name either. Makes things simple that's for sure.

My name is Kim.

My maiden surname was also pretty simple, and it was quite weird to transition to a name that is regularly misspelled and questioned.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin