Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Giving siblings equally great names is hard! Need a girl equivalent to Shepard

I have two sons with the names Harrison Cash and Shepard Knox. What I love about their names (esp Shepard), is that they are different, but not too out there. You've heard them before, but they aren't everywhere. Shepard has a nice meaning and lastly, both names work for a 2 year old as well as a 50 year old.

I'm struggling with girl names as they either feel too cutesy or too formal. Also, not sure the names on my list have the same uniqueness as the boys' names. Hoping to find something feminine (to contrast the masculine feel of Harrison & Shepard) and not overly traditional (no alexandra, victoria etc). Thanks peeps!

Would love to hear your thoughts (be honest!) on the names I have on my short list and feel free to add suggestions.
    Poppy (what would nn be?)
    Bea (love this, but is it too much of a nn to be used as her full name. I like Beatrix, but it doesn't sound very feminine to me)
    Emery (too popular? different enough?)
    Isla

Haven't even started on middles yet!

Out of your list I like Emery the best. Isla is very popular at the minute and I do think Bea is a nn and Poppy has a distinct lack of nn.
    Some suggestions:
    Ottilie
    Ophelia
    Ariel
    Pandora nn Panda
    Persephone
    Vesper
    Everly
    Cordelia
    Daffodil
    Juniper
    Mariel
    Minnie
    Paisley

Hope this helped! If not I can suggest more!X

Bardo Levi nn Bear
    Ford Gatsby

Halcyon Prairie
    Filomena Harbour
    Hebe Evening
    Lucille Poet

Do you like that surname-y feel that your oldest two have going? Because that could be cool.

Schuyler
    Aurelia nn. Goldie, Ari
    Sinclair nn. Clair
    Abbott
    Sybil
    Emerson
    Ellis

I like the idea of being able to stick with the surname-y feel! Just can't think of something girly that works.
    I am open to both!