Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation When your favorite names just don't appeal anymore?

Has this ever happened to any one else?

I used to have a huge list of my favorite girl names, but lately I just don't like most of them anymore. I actually only have three girl names left that I could see myself using. These names that I've gotten rid of would have fit in perfectly with my naming style, but now they are falling off my list. I used to absolutely LOVE these names so I don't know why they don't appeal to me anymore. I still think they are lovely names, but now I can't see myself using them.

What names do you not love anymore?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

I'm in love with all the boys names in my signature. But I am not in love with my girls list anymore.

I recently dropped Astrid & Thisbe from my list.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I used to absolutely love the name Nathan for a boy with the nn Nate. I still like it, but I don't love it anymore. Something about the sound of it bothers me now. I can't see myself having a little Nathan.

I currently am not crazy about any girl names, except for one but only for the family significance it holds. I find that a little strange because I used to have huge lists of girl names I adored and now there is only about two or three names I could even imagine using but I'm not wild about them either.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Melisande. I was once obsessed with this name. I ADORE Melisande. But I'm indifferent now, but don't want to delete it. I probably won't use it because it's too long.

It happens often. Every favorite name I loved and adored, got stale. Got boring. I found some cons in it. I dislike myself for loving name and giving up. But, can't help myself.

I used to love, LOVE Hannah and Alana. I would never use either of those now. Mind you this was when I was much younger, my naming style has broadened considerably.