4. I cannot know someone who died with that name
    5. Popularity doesn't matter
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

1. No top 100 names unless they have personal/family significance. Top 10 is absolutely out no matter what.
    2. Easy to pronounce and spell at first glance (my name is constantly misspelled even though it's a legitimate variation).
    3. I would prefer no repeating initials for siblings - definitely not first and middle (two kids with initials JAS for example) but willing to overlook just first depending on the circumstance.
    4. No long names - anything more than three syllables is definitely out. I only have three names on my list that are 3 syllables, the rest are 1 or 2.
    5. Meaning trumps flow.
    6. No OTT frilly/macho names or names that would be embarrassing to the child.
    7. Alliteration: always awesome.

I think that's it?
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Guinevere · Vivian · Florence · Lilleba · Beatrix
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Lester · Whitney

I used to be a lot more strict but I could only find a handful of name so I have a few exceptions..

*1. Easy to pronounce. (First names only).
    2. Original spelling (or most common). Exception for family meaning only (I have one name in mind, if I use it as a first name).
    3. No unisex First names. Middle names are okay. One name is an exception for family meaning. This includes original boys names now used for only girls. If the first name has any question of the gender than the middle name will be all girl or all boy (depending on the sex).
    4. Siblings will Not share the first letter of their first name.
    5. No bad meanings. They don't need to have positive meanings but nothing bad!
    6. No nicknames as first names (full names are needed, unless short names are legit).
    7. First, middle, and last names should flow okay. It doesn't need certain syllables but it should sound okay to your ears.
    8. Siblings names should fit and sounds well together. This isn't a must though.
    9. I would prefer to have nicknames for my kids (especially the girl(s))/not a must.
    10. Prefer that names are out of the Top 50. (At least top 20).
    11. Initials can't spell anything bad. ASS=no, CAR=ok.
    12. Names work for both a kid and more importantly an adult!!

Ps. I'm a teacher, so maybe that makes me more picky.
    Last edited by rachelxoxo; September 11th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

It's fair to say I overthink this stuff:
    1. Familiar: Something most people will have heard of (What not to do: Maxillina Martin)
    2. Dominant Spelling/Pronunciation: If possible, choose from traditional spellings and avoid going against the dominant, regional pronunciation (What not to do: Carolina Martin in the U.S.A. if you want people to pronounce it care-oh-LEE-nuh)
    3. Rhythm: Avoid a first name with an identical poetic meter as the last. This is tough since our surname is a trochee! (What not to do: Mary Martin)
    4. Sound Liaisons: Don't choose a first name with an ending sound that matches the beginning sound of the middle or last names (What not to do: Liam Matthew Martin)
    5. Texture: Avoid first names with complex textures if your last name is already quite complex (What not to do: Heloise Marpizza)

Bonus Points for...alliteration, identical letters starting first name and middle name, internal rhyme, etc.
    Last edited by jessa; September 11th, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

1. Has to have some kind of imagery that appeals to me. With crosses out most common names because they're used so much they have no imagery left in my mind.
    2. Has to roll off the tongue. No harsh sounds.
    3. You have to be able to imagine anyone with that name
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver