Names Searched Right Now:

How popular is Violet?

Violet is one of those names I can't let go of, but it seems to pop up everywhere!

Last I checked, Violet was hovering around 100. If it stayed around 100, that would be fine. I don't mind names that are familiar. I just worry about it shooting up to the top 10 or 20. Do you think it has top 10 or 20 potential?
    Current loves:
    Adelaide | Antonia | Charlotte | Emilia | Estelle | Fiammetta | Isobel | Ravenna | Susannah | Ursula | Viola
    Anton | Asa | Bennett | Boone | Caspian | Ezra | Francis | Gideon | Leo | Theodore | Vincent | Winslow

I have the same concern as I am considering that name too. I feel like it would get to the 30's eventually but not in the top 10 I don't think.

It's still at #89, which means only 0.169% of American baby girls were given the name last year. That's negligible.

The name has been climbling slowly so you have a child soon it's very unlikely she will be affected if the name goes Top 10/20 a few years from now (which I find unlikely anyways, simply because Violet doesn't work as well in Spanish and Hispanic population affects the Top 10 very much).

Viola or Violette are more unusual alternatives.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Doesn't a popular name mean it's a nice name? I don't know why anyone cares if it's popular or not though. Just name your child a name you like and a name that fits your child. Just saying..