Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sister for Nina?

We have a 2yo girl named Nina and we are starting to consider another baby. I can't find another name I like as much!

Why we chose it:
    Simple to say/spell (LN is 10 letters)
    Can be pronounced in any language
    Lyrical sound
    Not too popular (in the 300s)

Her MN is Lucille which we like but we do wish we'd gone with a family name.

Currently, DH is loving Dorothy Faye. Dorothy is my grammy's MN. Faye Dunaway is DH's favorite actress.
    I like Dahlia but he says it sounds like a stripper's name. I also like Louise but its similar to Lucille.

Cousins who we see often are Laurel, Allegra, Amy, Nora, Anna, and Erica. Our sisters are Meredith, Elaine, and Alice. All are off the table.

I don't necessarily want a non-short enable name like Nina which was a requirement for me last time. I find myself wishing her name was longer. Especially during those 2yo tantrums.

Boy name last time around (team green) was Miles, which we will probably consider again.

Thanks!

Nina and Faye are great together. What do you think of Faye Dorothy? I think of Lucille & Dorothy as matching up rather well too so it's a well paired sibset. Other ideas with Nina-

June
    Merit
    Annika
    Beatrice
    Annette
    Elizabeth
    Corinne
    Calla
    Daphne
    Phoebe
    Diana
    Joy
    Ida
    Kira
    Lana
    Penelope
    Eleanor
    Quinn
    Ramona
    Susanna
    Silvia
    Sarah
    Therese
    Vera
    Vivian
    Violet
    Veronica

Of my suggestions, Kira is the most similar to Nina & has all of the qualities you listed, but it might be too similar? If you even like it at all? To me, Nina is wonderfully neutral and travels well. Vera might also work well in this theme.

How about Paige?

By the way, I like the name Miles for a boy.

If you like Dahlia maybe you'd like Dolly which can be a nn for Dorothy.
    Dorothea is a more international-friendly spelling (even if it might be pronounced differently in other languages than in English, it's still similar and easy to figure out).

You like Louisa, Dahlia, Nina, Miles, Lucille....of names still on the table...what about...
    Adele
    Camilla
    Camille
    Cecilia
    Celia
    Claudia
    Delia
    Elise
    Eloise
    Zelia