Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    All three are beautiful names that would serve any girl well. In order, my favorites are:
    Aurelia - beautiful, mythological in a good way, and means "golden": PERFECT
    Tatiana - also beautiful, but in a different way, it's exotic and has tons of potential nicknames. It feels very Russian/Eastern European which could be a plus or a minus depending on whether or not you want the name to reflect a certain heritage. The other two don't seem to have that particular country/culture-specific association.
    Lyra - it's pretty but for some reason feels incomplete to me. I think I'm just partial to longer names, so it's probably just me.

I apologize if any of that was too harsh, I really didn't mean it that way at all. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these.

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Tatiana - It's always been one of my least favorite -iana names. I'm not particularly fond of "T" names, to begin with, and Tatiana always seemed harshly, stereotypically Russian. And not really in a cool Russian way (because I love me anything European!), but in the harsh, unappealing, HARD way of life Russian. Oppressed by the USSR, poor, hungry, unable to feed her children, who has had such a hard life that she doesn't even seem pretty anymore; she doesn't have hope anymore.
    Ash hit the nail on the head here I think. That is exactly the way I feel about Tatiana.

Aurelia is one of those names I'd like to get on board with, but it's just not very appealing to me. There's no oompf there. lol Sorry, I know that doesn't really make any sense.

Lyra I love! It's close enough to popular names like Isla and Maya that it won't seem out of place, but it's not popular at all. I love that.
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Tatiana - It's always been one of my least favorite -iana names. I'm not particularly fond of "T" names, to begin with, and Tatiana always seemed harshly, stereotypically Russian. And not really in a cool Russian way (because I love me anything European!), but in the harsh, unappealing, HARD way of life Russian. Oppressed by the USSR, poor, hungry, unable to feed her children, who has had such a hard life that she doesn't even seem pretty anymore; she doesn't have hope anymore. Sort of like most people see Olga (surprisingly, I love Olga, haha!). But recently, I started sponsoring a little girl in Peru who has it pretty hard (who is not a Tatiana), but while I was searching for the perfect little one to sponsor, I came across some ADORABLE little Tatianas, and it's taken on this beauty for me, and I would love to meet a little Tatiana I would just love! I'm still not sure I LOVE it, but I like it a lot more than I did.
    Wow, that is very specific imagery lol Thank you for that.

It's funny because although Tatiana is a Russian name, I don't associate it with Russians. I've known and heard of Tatianas in real life and all have been either Hispanic or African American.

Oh and I also had an Olga in a college course years ago... She was from the Bahamas!! lol
    James ~ Ariston

Aurelia ~ Sidra ~ Elizabeth ~ Gia ~ Julia

The others I hold close.... Quade ~ William (Liam) ~ Dresden ~ Giordana ~ Lydiana ~ Laurenza ~ Vivara ~ Fonya ~ Sagelle

Anyone else??
    James ~ Ariston

Aurelia ~ Sidra ~ Elizabeth ~ Gia ~ Julia

The others I hold close.... Quade ~ William (Liam) ~ Dresden ~ Giordana ~ Lydiana ~ Laurenza ~ Vivara ~ Fonya ~ Sagelle

My faves in order of preference are:

1 Aurelia - gorgeous ancient Roman name with a wonderful meaning of "golden"
    2 Tatiana - lovely Russian gem
    3 Lyra - while I appreciate the celestial connection, this name is very trendy
    All the best,
    Mischa.