Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Light, friendly name?

I'm looking for a simple, light, pretty name for a future daughter. She'll have my husband's last name, Russell, and her brother is Luke Thomas.

Russell feels so heavy to me, so a lot of names feel too serious combined with it, e.g. Catherine. But a lot of lighter names are pretty trendy and not very substantial: Aria, Maya, etc.

Emily would be perfect. It's friendly, has substance, flows with Russell, goes with Luke. But I suppose I'd have my name nerd credentials revoked if I used it...

Julia is okay, but something is holding me back. Claire would be perfect, but the back-to-back r's sound off. Lucy's out, obviously.

Ideas?

When I first saw the title of your post, the first name that came to my mind was Lucy, then I read your entire post and obviously Lucy is not an option.

Suggestions
    Cora
    Alice
    Iris
    Emma - might be too popular?
    Isla (pronounced eye-la)
    Clara
    Adele
    Kate

I hope some of these help!

How about...
    Alice Russell
    Karen Russell
    Cecelia Russell
    Laura Russell
    Faith Russell
    Lillian Russell
    Also, if you love Emily, go for it! I don't think anyone would revoke your name nerd credentials over it- use what you love!
    Mom of one angel baby boy, Gabriel Benjamin, and one baby girl, Rachel Naomi