Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thaddeus and Theodore

Would Thaddeus and Theodore be good names for twins? I like both names and I like the nicknames Thadd and Theo but I think it might be to cutesy or seem like I was trying to hard if I ever had twins and used them.

What do you guys think?
    Mommy to: Samuel Elliot ~5/4/10~
    Lydia Jane ~9/15/13~

I think they would be too matchy-matchy, if you want my honest opinion. Being a twin is hard enough, being constantly compared to the other one, without a name so close as well. Also, if they're identical, it makes it harder for teachers to get their names right...

I agree with @ciottolo. Thaddeus and Theodore are too matchy. What makes it worse is
    when you look up Thaddeus on behindthename.com is suggest that you "see Theodore".
    I'd probably choose one and find a different name that works with it because it has similar properties or origin but is quite different. For example: my "twin" set for boys used to be Tristan and Prosper. (I liked that they both had 7 letters and r's and s's in the same location).
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

My choice is Theodore and then the twin be Thomas.
    Last edited by valerie2; September 11th, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciottolo View Post
    I think they would be too matchy-matchy, if you want my honest opinion. Being a twin is hard enough, being constantly compared to the other one, without a name so close as well. Also, if they're identical, it makes it harder for teachers to get their names right...
    I totally agree with this