Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Beachy/Ocean Names

My family JUST moved from the mountains to the beach (as in five blocks from the ocean! whooo hooo!). I am 9 weeks pregnant, and since I will be gestating and birthing this baby so very close to the sea, I would like to give him/her a name (or middle name) fitting for this location. Ironically, my daughter's middle name is Murray (which means sea, and is a family name on her father's side.) We love old fashioned meaningful names. Any help would be much appreciated!

Audrey

This is a nice idea, especially considering your daughter already has the association of the Sea in her middle name. Lots of Hawaiian and Japanese names mean sea or ocean, but I don’t know how well most of them would work in other countries (not sure where you’re from, but I'm assuming North America). What is your daughter’s first name? A few ideas that came to mind:

Marina - I know a sweet 20 something with this name.
    Pearl - Pearl is a pretty old fashion name, and Pearls come from the ocean.
    Mai - means Ocean in Chinese

Boys names are harder, the only one that comes to mind is Reed. Parentsconnect.com is a good site for searching meanings....you can put in a word (Sea/ocean/ect) and it will bring up all the names that have that word in the meaning.

Good luck!

I know you said you like old fashioned names, but I thought I might refer you to this thread about girl water names as well. http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...al-water-names

For a boy, you could use Bay maybe? Or Hudson or Ronan? There's a thread about Marine theme names for boys. http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...ming-obsession!!
    Last edited by katieydenberg; September 10th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.
    New username is @ truenature

Maybe Marina, Pearl, Nerissa, Oceana, Shelly or Tallulah for girls. For boys maybe Beck, Ocean, Rio or River.
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

Cruz
    Bodhi

rollo
    Psalm 23