Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I think Alaska is kind of cool, especially if you have a personal connection to the state, but I definitely agree with previous comments about Alaskah. There is no need to complicate a name that everyone already knows.
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I'm Alaskan. Is it the sound or the place you love? If it's the sound, Saskia, Elka, Annika, Ksenia, Skye, Aleksandra, Saga or Signe may be of interest to you. They all have that lovely hard and soft sound of Alaska.

If it's the place, I don't blame you. I haven't see the whole world yet, but I know in my heart that Alaska ranks up there in beauty. It's a wild, fierce, lonely place that will stun you with beauty. Have you considered other Alaskan names? Alyeska is the Aleut word Alaska is derived from. There's also Aurora, for the aurora borealis which is breathtaking, and what girl wouldn't want to be named after magic lights dancing in the sky? Bethel, Bristol, Hope, Juneau, Nenana, Susitna and Willow are other "Alaska" place names that I've heard on girls. There's Winter and Snow. Some other names I've heard that feel more suited for boys but that's just a preference are Denali, Kenai, Kodiak, and Sterling.

I think Alaska is a pretty enough, just thought I'd give you other options. Also, I much prefer it without the H at the end. The H doesn't make it feel more like a name, it just makes it look awkward.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I love the name Alaska!
    I'm thinking of naming my kids after places too.

Italia Kyivienna Barcelona Valencia Ukrainea Espana Madrid Medina
    Sicilia Athena Estella Roma Lorenza Katharina Elizabetta Medina
    Ireland Catalina Jezabella Mayaguez Odessa Margarita Bacardi Medina
    Russia Czarina Anastasia Tatiana Alexandra Olga Maria Medina

Louis Anthony Medina IV
    Cairo Puerto Rico Angelo Lorenzo Capone
    Soviet Sebastian Palermo Verrazano Medina
    Simon Alexei Dublin Pompeii Dmitri Medina
    Mommy to four ratties: Verrazano (Zano), Pompeii, Ukraine and Russia (Russka)

Another idea: Denali

EDIT: oops someone already mentioned it. I guess I second that one

I like Alaska. Inspired by Looking for Alaska? I liked the suggestion nn Allie. I say yes.
    →teenberry←
    you can call me gail

□rosemary, anne, wynne, hattie, elisabeth, catherine, clare, ellis, frances, adele, sybil, virginia□
    ■walter, joseph, bruno, philip, willis, perry, thomas, bernard, arthur, martin, peter, franklin, raymond■
    ◊ guilty pleasures: kitty, ashton, sunday, magdalene, blanche, agnes, diane, della, vienna, philomena, phyllida, sally, sullivan, bayard, cletus, orville, atticus, atlas◊
    ♣ sibsets: anne "annie" and james, rosemary "rosie" and bruno ♣