Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rhiannon?

Rhiannon?

Would it be OK to pronounce Rhiannon "Ree-ANN-nen"?
    If not, how would this be pronounced in US English?

Do you find this name:
    Unusual and interesting?
    Trendy?
    Freaky and what-the heck?
    Beautiful, lyrical, feminine, uncommon with an fascinating historical lineage? (Hopefully!)

Likely nickname of Rhi (Ree) or Rhia (Ree-uh).

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I would also pronounce it "Ree- ANN-nen."
    I think I'd pick "unusual and interesting"- I think this name has a lot of personality! Rhia and Rhi are cute nicknames.
    Mom of one angel baby boy, Gabriel Benjamin, and one baby girl, Rachel Naomi

If not ree-ANN-en then how else would it be pronounced? I live in the US and that's how I would pronounce it. It's also the only pronunciation I've heard in the US.

Rhiannon definitely isn't a trendy choice. It hasn't been in the top 1000 since 2007 and dropped significantly before falling out in 2008.

2007 938
    2006 739
    2005 742
    2004 623
    2003 581
    2002 534
    2001 496
    2000 453

I think it's unusual but something that people should be familiar with do to the fact that it's fairly similar to Shannon. Rhia would be a nice nickname.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I don't know any other way to prn Rhiannon. I find it a bit boring to be honest.

I love mystical names, and Rhiannon is one of my faves. I pronounce it as you do. I first heard the name from Fleetwood Mac, and it's a great moody white whitch song that doesn't reek of tight bellbottoms and cocaine the way other songs of the era often do (despite all of the band no doubt having a ton of cocaine AND bellbottoms). Because it never caught on as a huge name trend, this association is also not too bad, and instead I associate it with the original associations. There are a ton os legit nicknames from it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lettucehead View Post
    Would it be OK to pronounce Rhiannon "Ree-ANN-nen"?
    If not, how would this be pronounced in US English?

Do you find this name:
    Unusual and interesting?
    Trendy?
    Freaky and what-the heck?
    Beautiful, lyrical, feminine, uncommon with an fascinating historical lineage? (Hopefully!)

Likely nickname of Rhi (Ree) or Rhia (Ree-uh).

Thanks for the feedback!!!