Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Lucky you being able to pick a lovely Irish name - my Sean vetoed them all! How about:

Cormac
    Pearce
    Seamus
    Oona
    Eilish

Good luck!
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Quote Originally Posted by norbury View Post
    Lucky you being able to pick a lovely Irish name - my Sean vetoed them all! How about:

Cormac
    Pearce
    Seamus
    Oona
    Eilish

Good luck!
    Cormac and Pearce are my favourites. Quick question, have you heard of the name Róise pronounced 'Row-sha'. Irish for Rose and a variation of Róisín. I really love it as it's not too popular. Only worry is could it be confused with Rosie?

Part of my FN is Aine which works great with my last name that is a Mc name and for the area I am in, but when I talk to americans its rarely pronounced right, I tried switching to the Anya spelling...but really that didn't help with americans though it did save me a lot of pain with europeans so if you're worried about spelling and such theres always similarily pronounced variants your child could switch too tho with americans you'd probably need a straight english one which isn't always possible. I also like the idea of naming my child an irish name to match the childs ancestry but since my family has the same ancestry I have a dozen or so Angus, Seamus , Aines, Siobhan (oh so many of these), every version of Roise, Cormac, Declan (passionately hate this name), and everything else. Tho Seamus, Angus and Siobhan are definetly the ones used the most here. I'm actually sure that 30-40 yrs ago every second girl born here was named Siobhan. I think we have like 3 female politicians named Siobhan.....in one small city. I think Roise is a beautiful name. If people write it down fast tho there will be times when they write rosie but every name has its issues right

Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by charliemc09 View Post
    I think Roise is a beautiful name. If people write it down fast tho there will be times when they write rosie but every name has its issues right
    As you no yourself 'fadas' on Irish names as vital. If lost, it can totally change the pronunciation. That's why the fada on the 'o' in Róise is really important. It elongates the o as in 'Rooooo-sha' or Roisín (Ro-sheeeeen).

Either way she'll be fine, if other Irish names can make it this one can too!