Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Esme and Alice -usable together as sibs?

I have always loved the name Alice but when we chose to name our first dd Esme I nixed it off the list forever- all because of Twilight (which I despise). I still occasionally get the "oh Esme, as in Twilight?" But for the most part, we just hear compliments on her name. And truly, her name fits her personality so very well so I don't let that connection get to me.

So the question is: is it too obviously tied to Twilight to have sisters named Esme, Georgia (other dd) and Alice? Stylistically, I believe they fit very well, but are they unusable together nowadays?

Apparently Stephanie Meyer and I have similar naming taste. Before the books were even written I had Edward, Alice and Jasper on my list. Grrr!

Thanks!

I loved the Twilight books (haven't followed the movies), but when I saw the title of your post, I thought "Why not?" (I didn't see the connection). And even if people make the connection, to my recollection, Georgia is not in Twilight, so I think you're perfectly safe. These names are absolutely lovely -- individually and together. (And I know how you feel -- I have long loved Edward, Jasper, Rosalie, and Alice. Cullen was actually strangely also on my list because it's a family name. Fortunately (sort of), my husband hates all these names, so I don't have to worry about that.)

I didn't see the connection at first either. I don't think it's super obvious, especially with Georgia thrown in there and Alice being a relatively common name. And even if people did notice, I think they would tend to assume it was a coincidence and not that you were a crazy Twilight fan. Esme, Georgia, and Alice sound gorgeous together, go for it!
    Alice, Cecilia, Cora, Eve, Georgia, Iris, Johanna, Phoebe, Rose, Sylvie, Tess, Violet
    Calvin, Dexter, Felix, Graham, Hugo, Leo, Louis, Miles, Oscar, Paul, Simon, Walter

Is Georgia a Twilight name? If not, then I see no reason why this sibset couldn't work. Stylistically they're pretty much the same, they're all classy, and there have been sibsets of Alice and Esme before Twilight, and will be long after. Not everyone is going to recognize they're from Twilight. And *hopefully* the hype is starting to die down.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Ottilie, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia
    ... Alaric, Macsen, Jove, Hawthorn, Stellan, Rainier, Evander, Cillian, Casper

I wouldn't have a clue about Twilight, and even if I did, I'd think that was an awesome sibset.