Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Please choose your favourite with Azula Rosemary.

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Athena Sage

20 43.48%
  • Indira Sage

28 60.87%
  • Other (please comment below)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I much prefer Athena. Firstly, she was such a wonderful, wise and smart woman; I like her name very much and, lastly, she had quite a cool daughter in the PJ series. Indira is lovely too with a great meaning, but if pronounced your way(I do the same), it has "deer" in it, which is not very pleasant for pretty little girl and is sorta tied to Indira Ghandi. I usually avoid names with political reference because people have different opinions on politics that they may reflect on a child. That's why I have heard I lot of different comments on Valdimir which is a Russian classic, actually.

Athena is too close to Azula. Lovely, but not for Azula's sister.
    Indira is fantastic- I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by angelina_and_daniel View Post
    Would you pronounce Athena the English or Greek way?
    uh-THEE-na or UH-thee-NA ?
    We would pronounce the modern way. Uh-THEE-na.

I'll add, in case anyone doesn't know, Azula is pronounced Ah-ZOO-la. I agree they are very similar but I love them!
    New username is @ truenature

Of the two, I vote for Indira. It has a nice meaning, it doesn't sound so close to Azula, and it sounds better with Sage.
    But, about Sage...is the herb-theme intentional?
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    Of the two, I vote for Indira. It has a nice meaning, it doesn't sound so close to Azula, and it sounds better with Sage.
    But, about Sage...is the herb-theme intentional?
    It is. I know its not subtle, but I don't think that matters a much for middle names. I'd like my kids' names to have an earthy vibe, and I wanted to choose middles that weren't too unrecognizable in case the girls decide they hate their exotic first names & choose to go by their middles.
    Rosemary as well as being herby is a common name in my mom's large Catholic family. My mom is named Mary so its a little nod to her.
    For our second daughter we considered several nature themed middles (Coral, Saffron, Lavender, Juniper, Tansy, Jasmine, Rue, Violet) but Corey prefers Sage.
    New username is @ truenature