Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mclevine View Post
    Uh oh, it's hard to explain because there are letters in Russian ABC that don't exist in English. Zeen-oh-vee-ih/zen-oh-vee-ih(pick one you like better, in different parts of Russia they pronounce it differently, with ee or short e sound), very short "IH"...By "ih/iy" I mean something similar to "y" part in "joy".
    OK, I googled and found a Russian pronunciation guide, their prn is very similar to mine; here are the cyrillic letters, the alphabet and Zenoviy ends in cyrillic letter "Й"(NOT И), you can find the symbol and maybe listening to prn(audio) will help you understand what I mean by "ih".
    Link is http://listen2russian.com/lesson01/a/. If you are interested in full name, it's Зеновий/Зиновий in cyrillic.
    Sorry for being stupid and not able to explain correctly, I hope you aren't mad at me.
    So more like.. veh-ee? haha I'm not mad, I just want to figure it out because the name LOOKS awesome. When I'm saying it it's coming out as Zehn-oh-veh-ih... which might be correct because of my accent (apparently I have a 'Seattle' accent. Bag and beg sound the same when I say them, if that has any relevance at all) haha I feel like a little kid who doesn't know how to use a zipper...

@chrisco, so like Jay Coby? I'm so used to Jacob it's hard to say it that way, haha. I've had Jacoby on my list, but I always just said it JAY-cuh-bee. I've also heard Jack-uh-bee, which I like.

@saracita, I LOVE behindthename. I have issues because every time I go there I just click links to other names endlessly... like wikipedia...

@ciottolo, I hadn't thought of that... phbt. Ruins a perfectly awesome name! I like it because it combines two meaningful names for me, Everett and Gerard. Oh twell...

Does anyone have any incredibly obscure names? I keep seeing the same ones over and over, and I feel like there MUST be more out there!
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Yeah, I just gave you the Italian the pronunciation : ) The English, I believe, is (jack-uh-bee). Incredibly obscure names (sorry for repeats):

Athanasius (---shus)
    Melchior
    Xerxes (zerk-eez)
    Aloysius (--shus)
    Yves
    Altair
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Ransom-Jude Matthias-Damian Pascal-Eli Constantine

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Aster-Maura Francesca

Honor-Elisabeta-Maeve-Afton-Ophelia-Calhoun-Ishmael-Arthur-Monroe-Sasha

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 04:38 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Holy names, batman!

Athanasius
    Altair

Saxen
    Tirian
    Donaghy (thought of Donahugh from this one)
    Pierrick
    Nicasio
    Niven
    Aarohan

haha I think most of that list was a bit TOO out there for me...
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 04:38 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.