Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mclevine View Post
    Zenoviy is zehn-noh-vee-i, first part like in Zenobia and y like in way. Zenovia is a Russian version of Zenobia and Zenoviy is a male form.
    Hold up. Sorry. My American accent doesn't like the 'iy' part here. zehn-oh-vee-ih, with a short I sound? or a long I sound? When I say 'way,' the dipthong is wah-ee.

@gailk, sorry, my original post was a bit confusing with the girl's names included. I thought about leaving them off, but figured people would ask since I mentioned them anyway. And yes, Dash-ell, haha.

Picks from this wave:

Gideon
    Damien (I feel like this name is REALLY popular? Too much YA lit interaction, I think...)
    Ashby
    Holmes
    Nicolai
    Everard (@saracita00, WHERE did you find this? I LOVE it!)
    Sterling
    Pierce
    Jacobe (@chrisco, pronunciation?)
    Alastair

You guys are coming up with some great names!

EDIT: @mrstoon, I see Bradbury in your signature there! Scrolling up it caught my eye and I was like HOLDUP. WHO DID THAT. Love it! So cool! Now I need to read more of his books, so I can feel better about considering that name...
    Last edited by celianne; September 12th, 2013 at 02:11 AM.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Hold up. Sorry. My American accent doesn't like the 'iy' part here. zehn-oh-vee-ih, with a short I sound? or a long I sound? When I say 'way,' the dipthong is wah-ee.
    Uh oh, it's hard to explain because there are letters in Russian ABC that don't exist in English. Zeen-oh-vee-ih/zen-oh-vee-ih(pick one you like better, in different parts of Russia they pronounce it differently, with ee or short e sound), very short "IH"...By "ih/iy" I mean something similar to "y" part in "joy".
    OK, I googled and found a Russian pronunciation guide, their prn is very similar to mine; here are the cyrillic letters, the alphabet and Zenoviy ends in cyrillic letter "Й"(NOT И), you can find the symbol and maybe listening to prn(audio) will help you understand what I mean by "ih".
    Link is http://listen2russian.com/lesson01/a/. If you are interested in full name, it's Зеновий/Зиновий in cyrillic.
    Sorry for being stupid and not able to explain correctly, I hope you aren't mad at me.

Jacobe is (juh-COH-bee), so the stress is on a different syllable than Jacob. There are also spellings Jacobi, Jacoby, and I believe there is a Jacopi : )
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-Jude Balthasar-Damian Leonard-Seth Matthias

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Reine-Maura Francesca

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Fleur-Ophelia-Moses-Emrys-Constantine-Arthur

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 04:38 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Everard is so handsome and princely (I very nearly just nicked it for my own list...)! But the 'ever-hard' joke might come up quite a lot, at school especially...