Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think Emersyn is an adorable girls name, and yes, I do prefer the traditional spelling but who cares, really? People are inherently horrible spellers and just because you spell it "correctly" doesn't mean it's going to be easier for her.

Anyway, I'm a little biased about the middle name. My name is Laurel so naturally I think it's a fantastic choice for a middle name!

As for nn options....hm...Mercy or Merce (mur-s) are the only other things I can think of. Merce being a stretch because it's not a name, just a shortening of a sound within Emersyn.

Quote Originally Posted by laurelrobyn View Post
    People are inherently horrible spellers and just because you spell it "correctly" doesn't mean it's going to be easier for her.
    9 times out of 10, I imagine it would be.

I agree completely with sarahmezz.

While I'm not a fan of the name, if you're really set on using it, using the original spelling would be best. Unless you want to give your daughter the nickname Sonny, then there aren't really any other nickname options aside from Em/Emmy. Most people name their daughter this masculine name in order to get the Em/Emmy nickname.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

´,,,,,,,,,´