Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

if it *has* to be one syllable...

So, DH is nixxing all my boy name ideas and I think his hang up is, he really wants the name to be one syllable. Our last name sounds like "butterworth", so he and his brother were given short names (Todd and Brent) to make up for the long last name. Our son is Grant. If we have another boy, and if it *has* to be one syllable, which would you pick or do you have other ideas?

(big sister is Isla, the 1 syllable doesn't apply to girls, since they can get a new last name one day I guess!)

-Dean
    -Max
    -Craig
    -Drake
    -Drew
    -Clark
    -Finn (love this but think it's too trendy, plus there is a family in town with an Isla and Finn sib set...)
    - Reid/Reed (I LOVE this, but dh has two bad associations so it's out)

middle name could be Emmett, Sawyer or Brian - all family names.

thanks a billion!

From your list I like Drew for its meaning & Craig or Clark for their sound.
    Favourite one-syllable boy names of mine:
    Colm
    Joel
    Jude
    James
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Well I have a major crush on the name Clark so that is my top pick. Goes well enough with both siblings. I also like Drew and Max. I think all of your middle names go well with any of the first names. Clark Sawyer is my favourite though.

-Dean - A bit dated for me
    -Max - love
    -Craig - also dated sounding to me
    -Drake - not sure, don't think I like it
    -Drew - cute, but potentially a bit 90s?
    -Clark - like, but don't love it

My suggestions:

-Jude Emmett
    -Frank Sawyer
    -Bram Sawyer

I love Drew!!!
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah