Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Jack

I was thinking about this the other day. I know that Jack is like the "All-American Boy" name (yes, i know it is used and popular elsewhere too), but I've only heard it widespread on TV shows or among celebrities.

I know one actual Jack. My little nephew is Jackson, and they were trying to get the nn Jack to stick but it hasn't yet. I know/know of about 10 Jackson/Jaxons, in my hometown.

I think it's more common to hear that name in a story, like titanic lol I have never met someone with that name. I used to work in a daycare and there was a baby named Jackson though!

A couple years ago, we had three Jacks in kindergarten at once at my school. We've also had a number of Jackson's lately. Makes me sad, as it's one of my favorite names and is such a classic. I would hate to name a future kiddo of mine "Jack" and have him become "Jack B." at school...
    Mama to two handsome doggies, teacher to 32 adorable kindergartners and life-long name lover.

Current name crushes:

Boys: Beckett * Jack * Sawyer * Cooper * Brighton

Girls: Lucy * Adalie * Lydia * Emilia

I love Jack, and it's the only name my mother has ever pressured me to use. The popularity makes that impossible, unfortunately. Lately I've been loving Ajax as a modern/mythic Jack replacement.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...