Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Jack

I was thinking about this the other day. I know that Jack is like the "All-American Boy" name (yes, i know it is used and popular elsewhere too), but I've only heard it widespread on TV shows or among celebrities.

I know one actual Jack. My little nephew is Jackson, and they were trying to get the nn Jack to stick but it hasn't yet. I know/know of about 10 Jackson/Jaxons, in my hometown.

I think it's more common to hear that name in a story, like titanic lol I have never met someone with that name. I used to work in a daycare and there was a baby named Jackson though!

A couple years ago, we had three Jacks in kindergarten at once at my school. We've also had a number of Jackson's lately. Makes me sad, as it's one of my favorite names and is such a classic. I would hate to name a future kiddo of mine "Jack" and have him become "Jack B." at school...
    Mama to two handsome doggies, teacher to 32 adorable kindergartners and life-long name lover.

Current name crushes:

Boys: Beckett * Jack * Sawyer * Cooper * Brighton

Girls: Lucy * Adalie * Lydia * Emilia

I love Jack, and it's the only name my mother has ever pressured me to use. The popularity makes that impossible, unfortunately. Lately I've been loving Ajax as a modern/mythic Jack replacement.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...