Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thank you lemonthistle, I hadn’t thought of any of those nn' and quite like Vio & Leti (but still prefer Lottie to Leti even if it is less natural!) Middle names are still very up in the air. The baby will have two middles, and they will be either family names, or names chosen more for significance than sound/flow. They will also likely start with the same initial. We (unintentionally) started this these themes when naming the other two, and now I feel we need to carry on! Son is Joel James, and daughter is Molly Marie. It’s funny you mention nicknames coming from middles, as we also call my daughter Molly! I do agree that Rhysie is cute! I haven’t been able to come up with any nn's for Rhys myself (other than Rhy/Ry which I don’t like).

Maepae, I agree with you that people will most commonly come to the Vi/Vie/Vy nn's on their own, though I personally think Vy is the most natural. But I think lemonthistle is right, about being able to re-direct them. My brother's name is James, and he nor my parents ever let people call him Jamie or Jim, he’s 27 and it has never been an issue.

I am not as concerned with what people may call the child, but more with just giving the child another option to go by as they grow up. For example if as he grows, my son decides he would prefer to go by Ben, than Bennett, he can do so and it's still recognized as a name (as are the various variations of Annabelle).

Lalala_Lauren, I think Ollie is adorable. Wouldn’t have thought of it for Violet, but thinks it’s a super cute NN. I also really like the name Oliver - nn Ollie for a boy.

As much as I love it, maybe Violet is just destined for the middle spot - it is already a family name, which is what we look for in the middle...then I just need to find another "V" name to go with it!

I really appreciate all your suggestions and opinions, and welcome any more input you Berries may have

Love Violet! I agree, Violet doesn't seem to have very many adorable nns. I have heard Vio, Via, Io, Lola, Lettie, Etta, Lottie, and Liddy... I personally love the idea of Lottie or Liddy/Litty, but I feel that they're not very obvious. I think if you stray too far from Vi or Lettie, it's not going to make much sense. I suppose there's also Vivi (vih-vee?), but while I think that's cute for someone else's child, I don't love it so much for my child.

Rhys I love, but I agree, not too many nns there, either? Rhysey/Rhysy, maybe? I think it's sort of cute.

Congratulations on number three!

My Grandma is Violet but uses a nn based on her middle name (she goes by Ruthie).

Well, my advice is that I love the name Violet and I think you should use it as a first. :-) It goes really well with your other kid's names, too. But, V names are so great in general, it would be fun to come up with a 2nd one for another middle. (I am on the record loving Valencia elsewhere, I think this sounds esp great with Violet!)

What other names are you considering for firsts? Do you have other family name possibilities for middles?

I don't think siblings all need to have nns, and I don't think Violet is really a nn name. Also, if Sasha is a nn for Alexandra, Lottie can be a nn for Violet.
    NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future novelist and screenwriter.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Bryony, Calla, Clara, Clementine, Cora, Delphine, Eleanora, Emmeline, Estella, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Sapphira, Violetta

Favorite Boys:
    Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Wesley, Wyatt