Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Calvin's cool, right?

Hi Berries!
    Working on names for #3, siblings, Isla, Grant . We've decided on Audrey Elizabeth for a girl and I really like Calvin for a boy. Told some of my friends today and they hated it! Said it reminded them of the comic (which I love anyway!) and the designer, they said it sounded like an old man, etc. I cracked open my old copy of Baby Name Wizard and they list Audrey and Grant as sibling suggestions for Calvin....perfect, right?!
    Last edited by kellihope; March 16th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Aw, Calvin's definitely cool! It's such a quirky, classic name, and I agree that Isla, Grant, Audrey, and Calvin would all go great together, one day, if you get both an Audrey and a Calvin. Besides, I think of Calvin Harris, who is definitely cool! There are so many varied wear-ers, I think it's definitely usable, and I would love to meet a little Calvin. I love the name.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I like Calvin, and he's definitely cool. He feels very underused and I know most people think of "Calvin and Hobbs" or Calvin Klein.
    I feel like any man who falls somewhere in between the two pretty much is going to grow up to be awesome.
    Isla, Grant and Calvin would be great together. Calvin also allows for fun nn's like Cal, Al, Vin and Vinny which can make this sort of grown up name work for a little boy should you be so inclined. (Ignore he nay-sayers. I'm with Ash, I'd love to meet a little Calvin).
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    I like Calvin, and he's definitely cool. He feels very underused and I know most people think of "Calvin and Hobbs" or Calvin Klein.
    I feel like any man who falls somewhere in between the two pretty much is going to grow up to be awesome.
    Isla, Grant and Calvin would be great together. Calvin also allows for fun nn's like Cal, Al, Vin and Vinny which can make this sort of grown up name work for a little boy should you be so inclined. (Ignore he nay-sayers. I'm with Ash, I'd love to meet a little Calvin).
    We have a long, english last name so I think Cal "butterworth" would sound great. DH isn't fully on board yet, but since we aren't actually pregnant (yet!) I guess I have time to work on him

Calvin is definitely cool. It's ranked 189 so I'm not sure too many people have the same opinion as your friends.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey