Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whimsical Name?

Whimsical Name?

I like names that have a sort of feel good, warm and cozy, slightly quaint, whimsical, almost fairytale feeling to them, like they belong in a classic children's story. There's a book that's quite a good example of this, actually. A children's book, perhaps you have read it? It's entitled The Penderwicks (a friend encouraged me to read it- i believe it to be quite popular). There are four daughters in the book, called Rosalind, Skye, Jane, and Batty, which is short for Elizabeth. The names are comfortable, familiar, but also slightly timeless. When I hear them, I think northeastern beaches and sea and hot chocolate and big sweaters and blankets and laughter and simplicity (i do hope im making sense here). Some names that I've been considering to fit under this category are: Elizabeth (but i'd call her Elizabeth, not Batty), Snow (I'm not sure if I'd ever use it, but it has the nice, quaint feel I'm looking for), Posy, and Ginny. If you can think of any others, it's much appreciated. I'm just trying to start another/expand my list of possibilities. Much thanks!
    G: Sawyer, Clementine, Evangeline, Natalie, Hazel, Saiorse, Stella, Wren (Birdie), Bianca, Melody, Roux, Olive, India Scout, Minerva, Delilah, Daisy, Darcy, Clio, Junia, Pfeifer, Kate, Mary Claire, Violet, Fiona, Ella, Poppy
    B: Balthasar, Basil, Ezekiel, Reuben, Sebastian, Finnian, Eric, Dean, Wallace (Wally), Zephyr, Cecil, Lysander, Schuyler, Nico
    Girl Groups: Clementine, Mary Claire, Stella
    Boy Bands: Balthasar Alexander, Cecil, Basil
    Twin Teams: Luna and Linus

Polly
    Lucy
    Cornelia
    Maggie
    Caroline
    Julia
    Ophelia
    Felicity
    Clara
    Cecelia
    Margot
    Victoria
    Helena
    Daisy
    Eva
    Camille
    Genevieve
    Best of luck! I hope I've given you some ideas of what you're looking for.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future novelist and screenwriter.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Bryony, Calla, Clara, Clementine, Delphine, Eleanora, Emmeline, Estella, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Sapphira, Violetta

Favorite Boys:
    Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Wesley, Wyatt

I love that book! I just wanted to say that, haha. I totally agree with your description of the names and the vibes they give off. So lovely!
    ~Larissa *~ Back from Nameberry hiatus with revamped list! ~*

Luminescent Ladies ~~**

* Genevieve Aurelia Bright * Waverly Cordelia Sage * Holiday Elysia Margaux *
    * Electra Sophie Marigold * Amaryllis Everly Claire * Savannah Jessamine Lake *
    * Arcadia Emmeline Fleur * * Calliope Annabel Joy * Bellamy Juniper Snow *

Magnificent Men~~**

* Phineas Jack Orion * Orlando Archer Luke * Simon Apollo Levi * Jasper Elias Gray *