Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Alluring Lorelei

I'm hoping to get some help with a Lorelei combo. She's being quite a little vixen. I have her with Evadne at the moment, but that's just not sounding right to either of us. Too much suicide and death perhaps. I'm ready to pull my hair out with frustration.

All the names in my signature are favorites for both of us, so obviously we're fans of whimsical names. We love nature, Tolkien, mythology (especially Arthurian, Mabinogion, Scandinavian), fairy tales, fantasy, poetry and literature. I'm a writer, and quite like names that honor that. The mister practically worships mountains and we both come alive in forests and on the coast. We have no problem with noun names, or names that most people don't really consider a name. We live in the frigid north where winter is long and dark, and we love it, so weather related names we love tend to be cold and stormy, but have nothing against a little sunshine, or brighter, cheerier names.

I have no problem with two middles, but the mister prefers one. If it's the right combo, I can convince him. He likes Cordelia Alcyone Lore and Tabitha Eilonwy Snow, but I haven't been able to make him fall in love with any other three name combo. I like a lot of the mermaid/oceany type names, but almost feel they're a little much in combination with Lorelei. Something shimmery, but not too shimmery. Sigh. She's really being difficult. The mister keeps trying for short and simple in the middle, but most of the ones we've thought of sound like filler names.

I've read that some people don't like Lorelei, and that's fine. I'm not looking for opinions on the name, though you're welcome to give one if you feel you must. She made it to the top of our list. If you don't know how to say it, we'll be saying it lawr-eh-lie.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander