Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Katie nn for Cadence?

Question for the honored name fanatics/gurus!

I very much like the nickname Katie. I think it's fun and sassy.
    BUT, I can't name my baking little one Katherine for a number of reasons that are really unavoidable.
    I generally like unusual, but classic girl names. My older daughter is Annika nn Annie.

Is Cadence nn Katie a viable option? Or would the nickname have to be Cady (which I don't like nearly as much)?

I don't particularly care for Katelyn/Kaitlin/Katrina, nor do I like Kadence with a 'K'.
    Any other suggestions for a name that uses Katie/Kate as a nickname?

I think I remember this thread! Sure, I think it's viable. Especially with a T middle name. A little it odd maybe, but most people don't think about how to spell nicknames. Cadence nickname something that sounds like Cady/Katie isn't weird at all, and then if people ask how to spell it she can say "just like for Katherine, K A T I E, to keep it simple."

If you don't like Cady though would you consider Catie or Cadie? Again I think Katie is fine just for the tie to the name if it's bothering you, I think they're both kind of pretty and Cate certainly is mainstream.

FWIW it works better in the US than the UK since Katie has a clearer less D-like T in the UK, but that's not too big a deal I don't think : D. Partly typing this in case any UK berries don't immediately think of how this works better in the US.

I think I listed other names for you before, probably including these, but in case not, but Acadia and Leocadia are two of the most plausible I can think of that you haven't ruled out. You know about the relatively more unusual Kateri right?

I think it isn't too much of a stretch, go for it!

I think it could work. I remember at my old job, a family came in, and their youngest was named Cadence, but their mom called her Kate/Katie. It was definitely Kate, not Cade, so I assume it was Katie, not Cady. I like the suggestions of Acadia and Leocadia, as well--how do you feel about Catalina, Katerina, Ekaterina, Katya/Katia, Kateri (echoing this, as well!), Aikaterini (the original Greek form, I believe! I actually really love Annika and Aikaterini together. Very European!), Katarzyna, etc.?

Other than that, I'm not really sure what else you could use to get to Katie. Unless you did just Kate. I know a just Katie--I wouldn't go for it, but if you really want Katie, and you don't like anything longer, I suppose you could use just Katie. I feel like Annika and Katie are sort of mismatched, though.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter