Names Searched Right Now:

Babies Named After ...

So I recently met a little girl who's parents are fairly big Harry Potter fans, and named her Hermione Rose (after Hermione Granger and her daughter, Rose Weasley). She also has an older brother named Neville Sirius (after Neville Longbottom and Sirius Black). I also know of a family who are also pretty big Green Day fans, and named their twin daughters Rachel Amelia Genivere and Lena Olivia Violet, and their last name starts with E. Which makes their initials RAGE and LOVE, which any Green Day fan will understand.

I was just wondering if anyone was or knows of anybody who was named after characters, famous people or sayings.
    Teen Berry and author
    My furry baby ~ Oliver Timothy James
    ~ Nora Ester Rose ~ Charlotte ~ Luna ~ Alice ~ Lillian ~ Elowen ~ Ella ~ Winter ~
    ~ Alexander Gideon Finnley ~ Henrik Fabian Chester ~ Edwin ~ Lucian ~ Remus ~ James ~ Nico ~

I have to say I'm a little appalled that Harry Potter fans are old enough to be having kids! Shows how old I am.

Also, RAGE certainly got the short stick, didn't she?

I'm a bit confused as to why they would name their daughter after Rose Weasley. There's been a ton of fanfiction written that explores her character, sure, but canonically all we know about her is that she's an intelligent redhead. Hermione and Neville are two of my favorite HP characters, so I can totally get behind that.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to why they would name their daughter after Rose Weasley. There's been a ton of fanfiction written that explores her character, sure, but canonically all we know about her is that she's an intelligent redhead. Hermione and Neville are two of my favorite HP characters, so I can totally get behind that.
    I'm pretty sure it was just because they liked the sound of the two together.
    Teen Berry and author
    My furry baby ~ Oliver Timothy James
    ~ Nora Ester Rose ~ Charlotte ~ Luna ~ Alice ~ Lillian ~ Elowen ~ Ella ~ Winter ~
    ~ Alexander Gideon Finnley ~ Henrik Fabian Chester ~ Edwin ~ Lucian ~ Remus ~ James ~ Nico ~

I knew an Arwen and a Pippin. And I think Hermione Rose and Neville Sirius are great names because they go beyond the fandom they're connected to. Hermione, Rose, and Neville are all classic and perennial names, and Sirius also has an astronomic meaning. I way prefer that to names like Lennon, which is a name rooted in a single person's (incorrect) image.