Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help us compromise on names!! what ideas do you have?

My husband and I have just starting trying for a baby, I'm so excited and hope that in the not too distant future we will be naming our baby!! We have recently been thinking of names and found that maybe we don't like the same things! I think we're sorted with boys names we both like classic names like Freddie, Charlie and Bertie (although would name them Charles, Frederick and Albert if we went with any of them!)
    for girls it's much trickier
    I love lots of names, my favourites being
    Cecily/Cecilia
    Ottilie
    Cordelia
    Vivienne

and he likes
    Heidi
    Clara
    Darcy
    Alicia

help!! do you have any ideas that kind of merge the name style or any you particularly like that I should compromise on or work harder to keep?
    Our surname starts with an S and I can understand that Cecily/Cecilia may sound a bit SSSS like I just wanted to show you what we have to work with.
    Thanks xx
    Last edited by frobskottle; September 8th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.

Clara Vivienne because Clara Barton is a great namesake, and Clara is a a nice classic. Vivienne feels stylish but not overly-uppity in the middle.

Ooh I like Heidi too but would probably still go with Clara
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

Aletta (I have an ancestor w/this name)
    Vivica
    Celia
    Selah
    Leda
    Hadley

I don't think your styles are that different (except his Darcy), you just seem to like longer, frillier names. I think Clara's great though, beautiful and romantic.

Adele/Adeline
    Alice
    Beatrice
    Bonnie
    Charlotte
    Clarissa
    Clementine
    Cora
    Diana
    Eliza
    Emmeline
    Florence
    Freda
    Helena
    Iris
    Julia
    Leona
    Louise
    Matilda
    Ottaline
    Phoebe
    Polly
    Rhoda
    Ruby
    Selina
    Stella
    Tabitha
    Verity
    Willa
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Luckily your styes aren't miles apart and I think if you just keep at it it's likely one of you will mention a name that you both like. It seems like your husband likes short and sweet whilst you go for more feminine names. You could try picking a slightly more elaborate name that can shorten into something closer to the style your husband likes without feeling like a nickname. For example: Rosamund can become Rosa. Or go with something which bridges the two. For example: Rosalie or Rosette.

Try these

Florence / Flora.
    Vera
    Verity
    Aurelia
    Alice
    Lucia
    Iris
    Ophelia
    Nina