Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Stuck with our firstborn...

Hey folks, new member here struggling with a name for our firstborn.

We just found out on Friday that we will be having a boy, my wife is 5 months along now, and while we are delighted, we had so many girls names and nothing on our boys names list.

What makes things difficult for us is that we are currently living in Brazil and my wife is Brazilian. I am from Northern Ireland.

We have ruled out so many names so far because of spelling and pronunciation (which has caused a lot of issues so far), as we need something that works in both cultures.

We don't want anything too Brazilian, as a Fernando in little N.I wouldn't be ideal, so maybe leaning more towards a British sounding name, but would also accept double names with a name from each culture in it. (ie David Luiz, although not a big David fan)

The child's second name will be Rodrigues Craig (pronounced like HODigues), so we are stuck, so you may very well have an opportunity to name a child here. Would appreciate any feedback or ideas, we are open to anything at all that is not too different!

Oliver sounds like it would fit (though I'm not sure how the "v" sound will carry over in the Brazilian accent)
    Orlando is really good as well
    Manny
    Monty
    Diego
    Dante
    Damian
    Rafael (Rafa as a nickname)

That's what I got after a few minutes of thinking. I may add more later.

I'm not sure how well these would work in Portuguese, but they seem fairly 'international' to me:

Oscar
    Felix
    Lucas
    Hugo
    Samuel
    Daniel
    Tomas
    Marco
    Martin
    Oliver
    Max
    Leo
    Ivan
    Adrian
    Ruben
    Hector
    Isaac
    Adam
    Alex

Good luck
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Thanks for the response guys, appreciate it. Nice to hear some differenr perspectives

kisa - like Oliver and Rafael, although don't love either....would like to hear more of your ideas!

charlieandperry - like quite a few on that list. Oscar is cool and fist both cultures, some are too common though here in Brazil, like Lucas and Samuel, interesting that you went with Oliver too!

Would love to hear from others on this too, just to get a list going....

I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *