Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by adao View Post
    vc2013 - We are a religious couple, Christian, so we like Bible names, but we have been through them all and they don't wrk for us for a whole host of reasons. We really are open to anything although it needs to have a history of being used as a first name (not necessarily classic, but heard of), and we have ruled out family names on the basis of their being too much repetition in the family already. Honestly though, nothing is a deal breaker apart from pronunciation/spelling issues. The only thing we are clear on is avoiding anything too common, more unique, but not strange (I know that is a tough line to find)
    hmm, the first "biblical" name that popped up in my head was Elias (Elijah). i think Elias would work in both cultures / languages.
    if you happen to have maybe a list of biblical or otherwise religious names you like, you could always look up different versions of the same name.. to find a more "international" form.

Quote Originally Posted by vc2013 View Post
    hmm, the first "biblical" name that popped up in my head was Elias (Elijah). i think Elias would work in both cultures / languages.
    if you happen to have maybe a list of biblical or otherwise religious names you like, you could always look up different versions of the same name.. to find a more "international" form.
    Yeah, we have been working away at this, but unfortunately most names change dramatically between the two languages and we would prefer to avoid that. We want a name my parents at home can pronounce and live with while at the same time not losing his Brazilian roots.

Thinks we have decided on a name that does not change spelling independent of the country, but a nice Brazilian name as his middle name. So at least we have a framework now...

Something like...

Daniel Luiz
    Oscar Felipe
    Ryan Jonas
    Benjamin Thiago (prob the frontrunner right now)

Just ideas, but something like that anyway....if anybody had any more combinations of English-Brazilian....think we are getting closer!!