Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boy Girl Twins!

Boy Girl Twins!

Hi all,

Our boy-girl twins are due in early February and while I think we have the girl name settled on we're less sure about the boy.

Our last name is LONG, double barrelled G-C, three syllables -- think, Greenblatt-Spark. I'm 50% Mexican and 50% Russian Jewish and my husband is British. We wanted to find names that a) honored family or had a story b) fit with our heritages c) didn't sound too insane.

Our daughter will be Marta Rosamund. Marta for my grandmother and Rosamund because my husband loves the name. I think Marta Rosa would be better (especially since our last name is so long) but my husband is stuck on Rosamund -- it is his favorite, but he says he's open to alternatives. Also, my name has a flower meaning so I think it's nice to carry that over to a daughter.

Our son will definitely have the middle name Joseph, since that is a family name on both sides. The first name has to "go with" Marta. I love the name Loren for a boy but it seems cruel to give the boy twin an uncommon male name and have his sister with such a clearly feminine name. So, sadly, Loren is out.

The first name contenders for the boy are:
    Adlai, Edward, Emmet, Ezra, Henry, Lewis, Benjamin, Reuben,Wendell

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks for the help everyone!

Congrats on your twins! I knew a Marta of Ukrainian heritage. From your list, I like Edward, Henry, Benjamin and Reuben for Marta's twin. With a long surname, I think one or two syllable first name would be best for a son.

August
    Leo
    Hugo
    Oscar
    Silas
    Isaac
    Eli
    Nathan
    Aaron
    Samson
    Peter
    Thomas
    Cyrus
    Edmund
    Felix
    Anton
    Roland
    Hiram
    Asa
    Walter
    Franklin
    Philip
    Conrad
    David
    Victor
    All the best,
    Mischa.

We are having boy/girl twins too! I really really like Ezra Joseph. I think it fits well with Marta since they are both somewhat uncommon names. Good luck!

The twins turned 7 months old today and I was remembering agonizing over their names so I came on Nameberry to reminisce! We ended up going with Reuben Joseph and Marta Rose