Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Shalon?

Shalon?

I really like the name Shalon, pronounced Shall-in. What do you guys think of it?
    Baby girl coming July 9th

Esme Francesca Gianna Charis Isis Petra Celeste Stella Audrey
    Jasmine Gwen Carmen Lola Scarlett Nadia Nadine Stephanie
    Marina Jacqueline Rhiannon Mariah Dahlia Winter Ariadne Phaedra

I would pronounce it Shall-on by looking at it but Shall-in is definitely prettier! Maybe spelling it Shalyn would make the pronunciation clearer?

I prefer Shailene or Shalyn. It's close enough for comfort.

It reminds me of this name Sjaelen (pronouced Shay-lehn). It is a word name that means the soul in Danish. I know a handful of girls with the name. The original namesake had a European dad... Maybe you may like it? Idk how real world usable it really is but it is one of those guilty pleasure names I like.

No, I do not like Shalyn, Shailene, etc. But thanks, anyway.
    Baby girl coming July 9th

Esme Francesca Gianna Charis Isis Petra Celeste Stella Audrey
    Jasmine Gwen Carmen Lola Scarlett Nadia Nadine Stephanie
    Marina Jacqueline Rhiannon Mariah Dahlia Winter Ariadne Phaedra

Shalon I want to pronounce like shalom, shall-in is kind of hard. Sort of like Sharon with an L, I guess?

I think Shallon might work better, because I think the name Fallon is close? And Shall is a familiar word. Or straight up Shallin.

Without a double L, English pronunciation spelling rules kind of force a Shalyn, Shailene, Shay-ynn prn. Most people don't realize that consciously.

Shalom and Sharon are both exceptions - Shalom because it's a foreign word and Sharon because we know to divide the syllables as Shar-on, not Sha-ron.

But with Shalon being unfamiliar, people might not know. I know for a fact there are a handful of Jaylens out there who spell it Jalon, etc.

It has a pretty sound but is it meaningful to you? Names don't have to be but most people prefer when their name is.

If it's a family name then I think the pronunciation difficulties for the spelling Shalon are worth it. It's not *that* strange.