Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Shalon?

Shalon?

I really like the name Shalon, pronounced Shall-in. What do you guys think of it?

I would pronounce it Shall-on by looking at it but Shall-in is definitely prettier! Maybe spelling it Shalyn would make the pronunciation clearer?

I prefer Shailene or Shalyn. It's close enough for comfort.

It reminds me of this name Sjaelen (pronouced Shay-lehn). It is a word name that means the soul in Danish. I know a handful of girls with the name. The original namesake had a European dad... Maybe you may like it? Idk how real world usable it really is but it is one of those guilty pleasure names I like.

No, I do not like Shalyn, Shailene, etc. But thanks, anyway.

Shalon I want to pronounce like shalom, shall-in is kind of hard. Sort of like Sharon with an L, I guess?

I think Shallon might work better, because I think the name Fallon is close? And Shall is a familiar word. Or straight up Shallin.

Without a double L, English pronunciation spelling rules kind of force a Shalyn, Shailene, Shay-ynn prn. Most people don't realize that consciously.

Shalom and Sharon are both exceptions - Shalom because it's a foreign word and Sharon because we know to divide the syllables as Shar-on, not Sha-ron.

But with Shalon being unfamiliar, people might not know. I know for a fact there are a handful of Jaylens out there who spell it Jalon, etc.

It has a pretty sound but is it meaningful to you? Names don't have to be but most people prefer when their name is.

If it's a family name then I think the pronunciation difficulties for the spelling Shalon are worth it. It's not *that* strange.