Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cohesion

Erin for a male is confusing...I kept having to stop and remind myself (no, it's a guy) every time I read it. Aaron???

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Renrose -- How is it pronounced different? I'm honestly curious as I've known girls and a man named Erin but they just pronounce it like Aaron and I've never heard otherwise. Also, I know Erin is a girls name but if it's 'fine' to use boys names on girls, there's no real reason I can't use girl names on boys.
    Erin = EH-rin ('eh' is a short noise like get) http://www.forvo.com/word/erin/#en << pronunciation by nsteck

Aaron = AH-run ('ah' like cat) http://www.forvo.com/word/aaron/#de << pronunciation by thechamberpots

I don't mind it being used as a boys name in this instance, I just wanted to make sure you knew they were different names.
    Last edited by renrose; September 8th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I've never hear Aaron pronounced that way. It's said eh-rin over here or maybe just down here in the south.

That's interesting.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I think the Erin/Aaron thing is regional - I pronounce them the same as Renrose.

Damian and Dorian Thranger - I'm assuming they, and Demitri, are all brothers, but I find these two in particular very close, and I think as a reader I may get confused. Demitri also strikes me as being very different in style to them as well. Adrian feels very mismatched with the D brothers and M sisters.

Alexander Morgan & Helena Dawn -- Alexah Leanne, Elijah Alexander - I'm guessing the kids are named after their father here. Alexah feels a bit trendy next to the classic Elijah though.

Alexah Leanne & Adrian Kendric -- Gareth Damon & Adria Mercy - Adria is a bit close to Adrian, I know it's probably meant that way but I can forsee problems for readers with two very similar names. How about switching it to Mercy Adria - stops Gareth being the only non-A name in the family and solves the Adrian/Adria closeness in one go.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Typically in Australia and the UK there is a distinct pronunciation between Erin and Aaron as renrose pointed out. But as far as I knew in the US they were virtually pronounced the same.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas