Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Could Lena be a nickname for Eleanor?

Hi!

I'm thinking of changing my nickname and I was wondering if you thought that Lena (lee-nah) could be a nickname for Eleanor? Is it too disconnected?
    Thanks,
    Ellie xx
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

I think you could use it!

I vastly prefer Lena over Leah, which I think you were considering a few posts back. Lena freshens up Eleanor's sort of vintage-ness, and it was even used as a standalone name for the main character of the Beautiful Creatures books and film.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I think Lena works really well as a nn for Eleanor. I agree with the pp that it freshens up the name a bit.
    Mommy to: Samuel Elliot ~5/4/10~
    Lydia Jane ~9/15/13~

I love Eleanor nn Lena! If I had changed my name about a year back, that was one of my highest contenders. I agree that it livens Eleanor up a bit. I would love to meet an Eleanor nn Lena.