Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Cool and hip boy name?

I need a new and futuristic boy name. Something like Imo or Rex would be good. I don't really care beyond that. Please do not ask dumb questions like "how old is he" and "is he rich or poor" because he is adopted and I doubt anyone would name their child based on rich or poorness, and, I mean, come on why do you need to know how old he is?

Maybe look at new celebrity babies names.
    Axl, Jax, Jett, Ace, Cyrus, Zane/Zayne, Grey, West, North?

Quote Originally Posted by ninas1 View Post
    Please do not ask dumb questions like "how old is he" and "is he rich or poor" because he is adopted and I doubt anyone would name their child based on rich or poorness, and, I mean, come on why do you need to know how old he is?
    People don't name their children based on rich or poorness, but their status as such does have an effect on the names chosen. There are mountains of studies about it, and it's proven that class has a general effect on naming trends. Being adopted has nothing to do with being rich or poor, so I don't know why you even included that fact.

Knowing how old he is is helpful because it's easier to take a 10 year old named Rex seriously than a 25 year old. When naming fictional characters, they are generally static as far as age goes -- you want a name that fits the character as he is, not as he grows, since you are writing about him as he is, generally speaking.

Knowing the social class and the age of your character help us get to know him. A poor 10 year old is poor because of his family. A poor 20 year old is poor because of himself.

Since you clearly know your character and don't want us to, I'm certain that you can come up with 'hip' boy names on your own. We can't help you if you won't help us, and frankly I don't want to if you're going to be rude about it.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I agree with poster above. Telling people not to ask "dumb" questions is just rude. You might want to re think that attitude when asking people to help you.

totally. I'm so sorry. It's just that one thread I posted everybody kept asking a bunch of questions like that and I had to go back and answer them again and again.