Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on these middle names for Alexander?

If we have a second son, we're pretty set on using Alexander for the first name. Our first son is William Balthazar, and our two top choices for future sisters are Catherine Ophelia and Isobel Theophania. I have long list of ideas for middle names, so if y'all could help me narrow it down some, that would be great. Thanks!

Alexander Blaise
    Alexander Celestine
    Alexander Christian
    Alexander Constantine
    Alexander Crispin
    Alexander Dimitri/Dmitri
    Alexander Edmund
    Alexander Edward
    Alexander Emmanuel
    Alexander Endymion
    Alexander Ephraim
    Alexander Francis/Franciszek (pron. Frahn-chee-shek) - Francis is DH's current favorite, but I find it kind of boring. Looking up possible variations, I came across Franciszek, which is the Polish form of the name. My mother's family is Polish, so I like that it would honor my heritage.
    Alexander Geoffrey
    Alexander Gideon
    Alexander Gregory
    Alexander Hyperion
    Alexander Julian
    Alexander Leonidas
    Alexander Leopold
    Alexander Lorcan
    Alexander Luca
    Alexander Malachi
    Alexander Morgan
    Alexander Nicodemus/Nicodemos
    Alexander Nicomedes
    Alexander Nicolai
    Alexander Orpheus
    Alexander Percival
    Alexander Quentin
    Alexander Raphael
    Alexander Sebastian
    Alexander Simeon
    Alexander Solomon
    Alexander Silvan
    Alexander Taliesin
    Alexander Tarquin
    Alexander Valentin/Valentine
    Alexander Vincent
    Alexander Zebulon
    Alexander Zephaniah
    Alexander Zion

(Not pregnant, just thinking ahead!)
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

It needs to be said; your babies will be the best named children in all the land! Love your names.

My absolute favourites (and it was tough, first elimination left me with 18 names):
    Alexander Celestine - I love soft, beautiful and shiny Celestine with strong, powerful Alexander.
    Alexander Ephraim - Ephraim feels like solace and serenity. Pure beauty.
    Alexander Franciszek - It's seriously cool. And you seem to love it!
    Alexander Leopold - This makes Alex fun! I think any name would be fantastic with Leo in the middle. And one of my favourite books has an amazing Leo in it.
    Alexander Nicodemus - Well, what can I say? Nicodemus rocks.
    Alexander Orpheus - I can't not leave my beloved Orpheus as a possibility. I don't think it has the best flow... but it's such a powerful beautiful and magnetic name.
    Alexander Percival - Percival and Leopold have that same dashing feel to me. I imagine hilarious dashing knights.
    Alexander Quentin - Quentin's cool. Tarantino and Blake are excellent namesakes. Who doesn't love a Q name. Alexander Q. Surname is intriguing.
    Alexander Taliesin - Because I love Taliesin that's why. Taliesin's one of the best namesakes there is. It makes Alexander poetic.

I'd cut these (mostly because they're too normal and the other kiddos have some weird middles):
    Alexander Christian
    Alexander Edmund
    Alexander Edward
    Alexander Emmanuel
    Alexander Geoffrey
    Alexander Gideon
    Alexander Gregory
    Alexander Luca
    Alexander Malachi
    Alexander Morgan
    Alexander Nicolai
    Alexander Raphael
    Alexander Simeon
    Alexander Solomon
    Alexander Tarquin (this one is because I don't like him. But the name is nice!)
    Last edited by ottilie; September 8th, 2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: forgot to comment...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

William Balthazar, Catherine Ophelia, and Isobel Theophania are absolutely stunning. Alexander needs a middle name that's as unusual and ornate as his brother's and potential sisters'. My favorites:

Alexander Celestine
    Alexander Constantine
    Alexander Endymion
    Alexander Franciszek
    Alexander Leopold
    Alexander Taliesin
    Alexander Valentine
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

You will have the absolutely ideal named babes, that's for sure. Alexander is stunning as sky, and I am not saying this only because I am a fan of mr the Great. By the way, afwully cool namesake!
    My favorites for A's middle names: Leopold, Franciszek, Solomon and Zebulon. And Leonidas and Constantine would be not great but perfect. Seriously, who wouldn't want to have two awesome ancient kings in his name? I'd only advice against Hyperion because it's quite similar to Hephaistion, Alexander the Great's closest friend (Hyperion is on my list as an alternative to Hep) so I immediately made the connection but maybe it's just me. They sound gorgeous together, anyway.
    Leo and Tine are on my list too along with Orpheus, Taliesin, Tarquin and Edmund, so fun. You have great taste!
    Last edited by mclevine; September 8th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Sorry, I forgot that Aleksandr Pushkin is a stunning namesake as well!