Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks! I know I should probably should cut some of the more "normal" names to fit in better with Balthazar, Ophelia, and Theophania, but I love some of them so much... Gah, this is so hard! So Leopold and Franciszek seem to be the current favorites...that's interesting. I'm not really a huge fan of Franciszek; it's just better than Francis. I'm not even sure hubby will go for it. I'll ask him tonight, though. There is something about Alexander Leopold that give me a little thrill, though!

@ottilie: Out of curiosity, who is the Tarquin you don't like? I just heard the name on a TV show and thought it sounded cool, so I don't much about the name other than what Nameberry says. If there's a particularly bad association, though, that would be good to know!

@mclevine: I don't think of Haphaistion when I see Hyperion, although they do look similar. I don't think it'll be a problem, but I'll keep that in mind.

Any other thoughts?
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I love Alexander Vincent!

Alexander is four-syllables long and most of your mn's are s bit long too! I'm hoping the surname is a lot shorter! I like these mn's with Alexander.

Alexander Blaise
    Alexander Crispin
    Alexander Ephraim
    Alexander Franciszek
    Alexander Geoffrey
    Alexander Gideon
    Alexander Julian
    Alexander Lorcan
    Alexander Malachi
    Alexander Morgan
    Alexander Quentin
    Alexander Raphael
    Alexander Vincent
    Last edited by mischa; September 9th, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Muffsie, the man who caused the downfall of Rome was Sextus Tarquinius, he raped the noblewoman Lucretia (you've probably heard of the rape of Lucretia, pretty intense artwork by Titian and Rubens, Shakespeare sonnet and an opera by Benjamin Britten) which led to her suicide and a massive revolt. But the name is nice, I just think of him. He was a horrible gruesome despicable man.
    Last edited by ottilie; September 9th, 2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added something
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Alexander is four-syllables long and most of your mn's are s bit long too! I'm hoping the surname is a lot shorter! I like these mn's with Alexander.
    The surname is only one syllable, so no worries about that, although I personally wouldn't care even if our last name was five syllables long. I just much prefer long, multi-syllabic names.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Muffsie, the man who caused the downfall of Rome was Sextus Tarquinius, he raped the noblewoman Lucretia (you've probably heard of the rape of Lucretia, pretty intense artwork by Titian and Rubens, Shakespeare sonnet and an opera by Benjamin Britten) which led to her suicide and a massive revolt. But the name is nice, I just think of him. He was a horrible gruesome despicable man.
    Okay, I think that just about turned me off the name Tarquin! He's off the list.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity